Newbie... Orange county new York

Jul 22, 2022
Hello hunters,
New to detecting and also to orange county NY. Anyone local going out, doesn't want to go at it alone, or just feels brave enough to take two rookie along let me know. Me and my lady are Looking forward to see what this new hobby brings. I'm Ray, couldn't put up my usually RAYRAY, so went with my numbers, 729729. It's ray ray on a key pad lol. So yeah let me know or even if you know some good spots that will help also.

Upvote 5

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net Ray, should be someone out there willing to show you guys the ropes.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Illinois!! Looking forward to seeing your finds!!

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello hunters,
New to detecting and also to orange county NY. Anyone local going out, doesn't want to go at it alone, or just feels brave enough to take two rookie along let me know. Me and my lady are Looking forward to see what this new hobby brings. I'm Ray, couldn't put up my usually RAYRAY, so went with my numbers, 729729. It's ray ray on a key pad lol. So yeah let me know or even if you know some good spots that will help also.
Welcome Ray I know Orange County well and have detected it with lots of success. It take some time to find old places but the do exist the research looking through news papers or post cards even talking to older folks is best tip I can give you to point you in the right direction. Dont over think things when looking keep them simple try friends family if they have land you can dig. Just because someone has detected a place there could be stuff hidden many factors change from the soil to the detector used. I hammered an area for many years with different machines all it took was luck of a small coil to uncover a rusty pocket knife that was masking two beautiful Standing Liberty Quarters. I saved the knife to lol.. If you like i post a picture of them and the knife. I moved to NJ a few years ago but its on the boarder family still there. Good luck message me if I can give you some tips i learned hard way ugh!!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tis forum from Oregon. There is lots of knowledge and information available here. Enjoy the hobby. Look forward to your future finds.

Tracey845

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2022
Hello hunters,
Hi Ray - I just recently joined the forum and I too, live in Southern Orange County - close to the border of NJ. CLose to Mt. Adam and Mt. Eve - both extremely interesting for both native american history -= and early settlers.. I have very little experience with machines, but have been an artifact hunter and rockhound for many decades. I look forward to learning how to use one of the metal detectors that I have. -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread