newbie, what to buy?

Hoosier Kingfisher

Feb 26, 2007
Central Indiana
Welcome Spanish.,,,, Dont think Ace 250 is good for saltwater. If you would post your inquiry in General Discussion or Beachunting you would prpbably get several responses....Good luck...... ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ACE 250 is a fine detector for grass and dry sand. It will be unstable in the wet sand where the waves wash ashore. For that area you will need another kind of detector, one with a saltwater mode or a Pulse Induction type.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There is a brick-&-mortor club north of SF, in the Santa Rosa area. Those folks would know about the in's & out's of the beaches up there, which machines work best there, etc...

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
The Tesoro's are better than the Ace for those conditions however , you will stillhave some difficulty with lower priced detectors in your area. If you need more info please let me know.

OP
OP
S

spanish coins

I would like to use it on sandy beaches around here. But from what I have been reading the beaches here are off limits.(stinson beach)
So that leaves me the parks and other places. Will give the guy in Santa Rosa a call.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hands down minelab GT!!!!!!!!!!!!! But if your a little tight on money the new minelab musketeer is another awesome machine!!!For the price you can't do any better.The best VLF you can get.
RD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread