Newbie with a Simplex+ (You've seen this before.)

T-Candy

Mar 6, 2011
Two weeks ago I picked up a Simplex+ after some badgering from a pal. My experience has been good thus far. I've taken to digging everything but audibly low iron signals. I've watched hours of YouTube, and studied forum materials. I'd appreciate any lesser known hot tips if anyone feels generous. The Indian, Liberty, and lantern wick advancing disc are from an unsearched site that we scouted this past weekend. Lots of square nails and garbage, but we're going to keep at it.

-Tyler

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Park.jpg
    Park.jpg
    915.3 KB · Views: 168
  • alum2.jpg
    alum2.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 159
  • alum1.jpg
    alum1.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Liberty_Indian_Lantern.jpg
    Liberty_Indian_Lantern.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 1

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do some "Cherry Picking." Notch out everything but Silver and see what happens.:headbang:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two weeks ago I picked up a Simplex+ after some badgering from a pal. My experience has been good thus far. I've taken to digging everything but audibly low iron signals. I've watched hours of YouTube, and studied forum materials. I'd appreciate any lesser known hot tips if anyone feels generous. The Indian, Liberty, and lantern wick advancing disc are from an unsearched site that we scouted this past weekend. Lots of square nails and garbage, but we're going to keep at it.

-Tyler

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Tyler, you did Good!
Those older coins are worth it, right? :icon_thumright:
I'm a newbie with my Simplex, but have been using it weekly, almost daily, even with Fall showers....
My Hot Tip, is to get comfortable with it - give it a name....mine is "Max".....!
Next, and with that comfy grip, swing the ol' boy, like it had a mind of its own - you are just along for the ride...! Enjoy the trip!
In summary, you are doing just what is necessary, to learn the machine, and by hunting in trashy areas, both of you will be on the same page, talking the same language...!
Get a smaller coil, and I will too....
Good Luck and Happy Hunting !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread