Newby

Rave

Feb 28, 2007
Shropshire, England
Detector(s) used
XLT & Goldmaxx Power
hi folks, just joined today. I've been detecting for about 4 years & am completely hooked on it. Belong to several UK detecting forums but would love to see how it's done across the pond. My name is Denise or Raven but apparently the name Raven was already taken ::).......never mind, peeps call me Rave sometimes cos they say it sums me up!
happy-cheerleader-130.gif

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Rave, enjoy your time here! ;D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Welcome to Treasurenet Raven... You are in good company here as folks from all the world post and discuss.

We look forward to hearing from you seeing some pictures of your goodies.

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Welcome Rave, I'm still somewhat of a newbie to detecting, have been lurking around this site for about a year before deciding to join..and glad I did...you will be too. A terrific bunch of peeps. Where about in Enlgand. I was stationed there 83-86, RAF Greenham

Happy hunting

OP
OP
Rave

Rave

Feb 28, 2007
Shropshire, England
Detector(s) used
XLT & Goldmaxx Power
I live in Church Stretton, Shropshire. It's between Shrewsbury & Ludlow, both lovely medieval towns & about 12 miles from the Welsh border. When William the Conqueror came over he built a lot of mottes & baileys around here to show a strong Norman presence & they are excellent for detecting near.

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
Rave said:
I live in Church Stretton, Shropshire. It's between Shrewsbury & Ludlow, both lovely medieval towns & about 12 miles from the Welsh border. When William the Conqueror came over he built a lot of mottes & baileys around here to show a strong Norman presence & they are excellent for detecting near.

Shropshire has a long history. Many stories, etc. I also believe Darwin was born there??
I have seen photos of the area, it is truly beautiful.

Do you get to search on any of the old Castle grounds?? Many battles were fought there.

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Love the UK...wife is Irish and we are trying to get back there to retire..means more MD for me..when I figure out where to MD or not to MD

OP
OP
Rave

Rave

Feb 28, 2007
Shropshire, England
Detector(s) used
XLT & Goldmaxx Power
Hi Jeff, yes Charles Darwin was born in Shrewsbury as well as Wilfred Owen the WWI poet. There is no way anyone would be allowed to dig near the castle or Abbey, definitely out of bounds!
sad-012.gif

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
Rave said:
Hi Jeff, yes Charles Darwin was born in Shrewsbury as well as Wilfred Owen the WWI poet. There is no way anyone would be allowed to dig near the castle or Abbey, definitely out of bounds!
sad-012.gif

that's what I figured. Too bad but they don't have to worry about anyone digging improperly. Of course around London they used to have the problem of finding old WWII bombs. I bet they would really set off a detector :o :o :o

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
Rave said:
Here are some pics of my home town, Church Stretton, there was a Roman fort on the top of Caer Caradoc.

http://www.churchstretton.co.uk/gallery/index.php?page=seasonal-views

and here are pics of Shrewsbury, about 13 miles away

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/image/31269022
http://www.darwincountry.org/explore/001141.html?sid=fb

Very nice. I live in the plains of Indiana. Most of the area is very flat. It's great farmland but you do get tired of seeing corn and soybeans in the summer.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Rave!!

Great to have you here with us! We have lots of people from all over the world here, so enjoy!!

Oh and don't for get to post pics of your finds!! ;D

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Welcome Rave , thanks for the great pics . Must be great to md where all that old good stuff is . Be sure to post your finds so we all can drool . HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi & Welcome, Raven!! Thanks so much for a tour of your lovely country. ;D

;) RR

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Welcome Rave and thanks for the great pics.

How do you like the XLT thats what I use and what have you found in the last 4 yrs?

HH
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread