Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy from the neighborhood wanted to get out his detector after a 10-12 year hiatus, so I suggested we ride into the forest and look for old fire rings from hunters and campers. He wasn't ready when I showed up so I went to the little school across the street from his house to wait.
While waiting, I managed to pull $4.22 in clad including a $1 President Hayes coin, a kiddie bling ring, some spanish gold :laughing7:, and other misc. junk.

0505221534.jpeg

Here's Hayes cleaned up a bit with Barkeepers Friend.
0505221543_resized.jpeg
0505221543a_resized.jpeg

Then, off into the forest. This kind of hunting has paid off in the past, but it's pretty hit and miss. We found a few old fire rings and found a clad coin here and there. Then I pulled an old Log Cabin syrup can from under the pine needles. Right time frame, so I slowed down and looked deep. Got a very faint dime like signal and went in. Pulled a beautiful, shiny 1963 dime from about 8 inches down! It looks like it was minted and lost in the last week or two! The forest soil is mighty kind to silver.
0505221537.jpeg
0505221543b_resized.jpeg
0505221543c_resized.jpeg

That makes 94 Silvers FTY!
Definitely liking the way the year is shaping up.
Good luck and Happy Hunting to all!

Upvote 23

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My buddy from the neighborhood wanted to get out his detector after a 10-12 year hiatus, so I suggested we ride into the forest and look for old fire rings from hunters and campers. He wasn't ready when I showed up so I went to the little school across the street from his house to wait.
While waiting, I managed to pull $4.22 in clad including a $1 President Hayes coin, a kiddie bling ring, some spanish gold :laughing7:, and other misc. junk.

View attachment 2025068

View attachment 2025069 View attachment 2025070

Then, off into the forest. This kind of hunting has paid off in the past, but it's pretty hit and miss. We found a few old fire rings and found a clad coin here and there. Then I pulled an old Log Cabin syrup can from under the pine needles. Right time frame, so I slowed down and looked deep. Got a very faint dime like signal and went in. Pulled a beautiful, shiny 1963 dime from about 8 inches down! It looks like it was minted and lost in the last week or two! The forest soil is mighty kind to silver.
View attachment 2025072 View attachment 2025073 View attachment 2025074

Nice digs. I love those presidential coins. Congratulations

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! That is a very nice dime!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2025068

View attachment 2025069 View attachment 2025070

View attachment 2025072 View attachment 2025073 View attachment 2025074

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done!

Attachments

• the-lone-ranger1.jpg
    the-lone-ranger1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 17

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It was born the same year as me as well, plus, it was born in the same city!

Fan DIME tastic

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, congrats on that beautiful '63 Rosie. ๐Ÿ‘
I never knew the US produced $1 coins, we've been using $1 & $2 coin here since 1986 and 1996 respectively.
Our Canadian Government has been talking about introducing a $5 coin here since 2017, now that just might get me out of the farm fields and back into the parks. ๐Ÿ˜…

Attachments

• Canada-eh-toronto-canada.jpg
    Canada-eh-toronto-canada.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 21

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent finds & Congrats for the silver. Only May and approaching 100 silvers for the year- outstanding!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions