Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to an old place I have hunted a LOT in the past. I have POUNDED it. It's a very small area in a guy's back yard, wooded. I got a few items. A piece of an iron sword scabbard, a poncho grommet and a few other small items. The best find of the day from this totally hunted out area was a New York Staff Officer's Button with a lot of the gilt on it.
IMG_3910.JPG
IMG_3911.JPG

Upvote 23

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
I went out to an old place I have hunted a LOT in the past. I have POUNDED it. It's a very small area in a guy's back yard, wooded. I got a few items. A piece of an iron sword scabbard, a poncho grommet and a few other small items. The best find of the day from this totally hunted out area was a New York Staff Officer's Button with a lot of the gilt on it. View attachment 2012737 View attachment 2012739
Nice results with the D II and the sweet button. While officers and regulars war this button during the Civil War, Staff however did not. The Staff Officers button adorns the Staff Eagle with the NY military shield on its chest. None the less, great find Smokey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread