Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I didn't find it in the ground! I purchased a chest of drawers, at least a 50 year old kind some time ago. Well, over the week I finally took absolutely everything out of it, and took all the drawers out, moved it around, and spotted this ring lying in the very bottom. This style I believe is 1940's or so. It is marked 14k. Gold is where you find it.

There was so much dust in there... IMG_1508.JPG

Upvote 46

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokeythecat - nice adder there that the shank shows heavy use! I'm surprised as I'd think the pearl would snag/hang up on quite a few things but, maybe it is so smooth it just glides right on by.

toddbbq - does your ear ring have a makers mark, does it happen to be ER??................63bkpkr

there was a mark on the stem of the earring but it is so worn down from use that it is unreadable I made it into a pendant that my wife wears once in awhile. Tested good for 14k

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey, I keep looking at that ring, my eye says their is more to it than a 1940 ish 'style'. Now I know Zero about jewelry so I could be totally wrong but the layout of the jewels and pearl are not necessarily eye catching, its more like they represent something due to their placement. Are there openings under the stones to allow light to flow through them from underneath? I'd guess so as there are openings in the side of the ring that would allow light to pass through which would cause the stones to twinkle at certain angles.

Have the stones been tested to see if they are real? Has the Pearl been tested to evaluate if it is natural or man made? Has the metal been tested to confirm the 14K mark?

The pear, l is it glued on or does it have a stem inserted into it? If a stem was used then 'maybe' there may be a hole all the way through the ring, does it show on the inside of the ring (where the finger would go)? If this is indeed a high value ring then I would think a stem was used otherwise the pearl would be the first thing to be knocked off of the ring.

Have you been able to locate the maker via the mark? Have you posted a photo to some sort of Jewelry site to identify the ring style, design purpose, end use [under what conditions would it be worn: cocktail party ring/organization ring(a special group of women)]. For whatever reason my minds eye says it is special, somehow. Interesting, hence all the questions!..............63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it's been looking at. Natural pearl, real diamonds, real rubies, 14k gold. The pearl was drilled and a post put in, just like a modern tooth implant! Size is about a 8.5 woman's (I have a mandrel). And no I could not find the maker's mark online. And yes, the ring is open work on the bottom and the light shines right through! I would say it was a cocktail ring.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Sugar Jets, that ring has All The Right Stuff! Why does it leave me with a big question? Thank you for the input............63

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does look like a 3 scoop ice cream cone lol really cool find my friend!!!!!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the price was just right!:laughing7:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But in an old dresser drawer? That's something out of a "National Treasure" movie.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old ring find. It’s always a bonus to find gold. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread