Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
0AAC13E4-A138-4004-BA19-6D73E130DB63.jpg C214C627-1EA3-4EC6-9BC2-A4EE8A6A5C20.png I was going out today to my fort with a good friend of mine but he had something come up at the last minute so it was just me today if you don?t count my permissions lap dogs. This particular yard has a dirt driveway that has produced numerous buttons and coins over the years. My best 2 coins from the driveway was a 1774 half real and a 1797 King George 3 cartwheel penny but no coins recently. As I entered the yard I did a quick sweep of the driveway to no avail so I hit the other side of the yard for about an hour with no luck. It was getting hot by this time and already in the mid 90s so I thought I would cut my hunt short. On the way out I decided to change detector coils to my 5 x 8 coil due to the large amount of beer tabs and other junk and iron underground. My first good reading was and 84 and about 10 inches deep. I was surprised to pull out this very worn 1889 Liberty V nickel. Although worn she?s still a pretty lady. The next good signal was a 77 and only about 4 inches down. Thinking it was a piece of junk, I was very surprised and very happy to uncover this coat size Eagle D button with a nice patina. The shank is intact and has a Scovill Waterbury back mark. I stuck it in my pocket and thanked my friends for another fun day of detecting. After that I decided to leave and save the next finds for another day. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!!!

Upvote 21

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congratulations, and thanks for a cool story!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!! Thanks for sharing!!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Dragoon button, and nice coin, great saves!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
attachment.php
attachment.php
I was going out today to my fort with a good friend of mine but he had something come up at the last minute so it was just me today if you don?t count my permissions lap dogs. This particular yard has a dirt driveway that has produced numerous buttons and coins over the years. My best 2 coins from the driveway was a 1774 half real and a 1797 King George 3 cartwheel penny but no coins recently. As I entered the yard I did a quick sweep of the driveway to no avail so I hit the other side of the yard for about an hour with no luck. It was getting hot by this time and already in the mid 90s so I thought I would cut my hunt short. On the way out I decided to change detector coils to my 5 x 8 coil due to the large amount of beer tabs and other junk and iron underground. My first good reading was and 84 and about 10 inches deep. I was surprised to pull out this very worn 1889 Liberty V nickel. Although worn she?s still a pretty lady. The next good signal was a 77 and only about 4 inches down. Thinking it was a piece of junk, I was very surprised and very happy to uncover this coat size Eagle D button with a nice patina. The shank is intact and has a Scovill Waterbury back mark. I stuck it in my pocket and thanked my friends for another fun day of detecting. After that I decided to leave and save the next finds for another day. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!!!
She is beautiful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread