Nice hunt at the park

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the park today. Not too far from an old swimming hole. In about 5 minutes I found this cool dog. Not sure of the metal it's made of ... copper, brass or bronze? But buried with it was a spill of modern clad pennies. After finding 33 pennies with my pin pointer I decided to stop. It was taking to much time and there where still a lot more pennies. I moved on and found a 1919 mercury dime , 1891 seated dime and 7 wheaties .
IMG_1600.jpeg

Upvote 33

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out to the park today. Not too far from an old swimming hole. In about 5 minutes I found this cool dog. Not sure of the metal it's made of ... copper, brass or bronze? But buried with it was a spill of modern clad pennies. After finding 33 pennies with my pin pointer I decided to stop. It was taking to much time and there where still a lot more pennies. I moved on and found a 1919 mercury dime , 1891 seated dime and 7 wheaties . View attachment 2067614
that dog has an art deco-ish look to it 1930s maybe soo cool:)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the park today. Not too far from an old swimming hole. In about 5 minutes I found this cool dog. Not sure of the metal it's made of ... copper, brass or bronze? But buried with it was a spill of modern clad pennies. After finding 33 pennies with my pin pointer I decided to stop. It was taking to much time and there where still a lot more pennies. I moved on and found a 1919 mercury dime , 1891 seated dime and 7 wheaties . View attachment 2067614
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! What machine were you using ?>

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manticore
Thank you for your reply. I have had one for a couple weeks maybe if the weather gets better I can take it out
Any recomedations ?

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply. I have had one for a couple weeks maybe if the weather gets better I can take it out
Any recomedations ?
I don't get out to detect much because of work & only have about 20-25 hours on the Manticore and have a lot to learn. So when park hunting & relic hunting I've been running Audio Theme in Normal. When detecting in heavy iron I will change the upper ferrous limits to 10 and the lower ferrous to 5. Run recovery speed at 5 or 6.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get out to detect much because of work & only have about 20-25 hours on the Manticore and have a lot to learn. So when park hunting & relic hunting I've been running Audio Theme in Normal. When detecting in heavy iron I will change the upper ferrous limits to 10 and the lower ferrous to 5. Run recovery speed at 5 or 6.
Thank you for your reply :)

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool dog!!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool dog! And two silvers and several wheaties... great! Congratulations!

MrBeep

Greenie
Jan 23, 2023
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a really good day! This dog rocks! Congrats

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen similar knife rests to your dog, although it seems a little high for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread