Nice leather sheath for a Lesche handheld digger......

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I would think there would be no need to sew the bottom up and remove the button. That would allow the dirt to fall through I am thinking just maybe a 1 inch opening. All mine collect dirt. What do you all think ?
My Lesche is around 20 years old. I'm surprised I still use the original holster that came with it which has no holes.

I just wipe the blade on the bottom of my shoe/boot if excess dirt is on it before holstering it. At the end of the day I squeeze the holster from the sides in "open wide" fashion, and tap the dirt out.

Some people think too much I guess. :dontknow:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try asking Brad from Green Mountain Metal Detecting. He is very good with leather work. Also his videos are the best out there.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Don’t you think it would be ok Mine fills up ALL THE TIME !!!
Have a leather smith custom make one with an open bottom for you.

OP
OP
uhfradarwill

uhfradarwill

Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
My Lesche is around 20 years old. I'm surprised I still use the original holster that came with it which has no holes.

I just wipe the blade on the bottom of my shoe/boot if excess dirt is on it before holstering it. At the end of the day I squeeze the holster from the sides in "open wide" fashion, and tap the dirt out.

Some people think too much I guess. :dontknow:
I don't have the original holster for mine. I considered buying a replacement which are commonly available but thought I'd go the leather route. I do sometimes "think to much" but I'd rather that than under think!!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

I don't have the original holster for mine. I considered buying a replacement which are commonly available but thought I'd go the leather route. I do sometimes "think to much" but I'd rather that than under think!!
Naw. A leather holster is not a bad idea. I was talking about the idea of cutting a hole in it to let dirt flow through it. I just rather wipe off excess dirt before holstering, and tap out the dirt that did get in at end of day. But to each their own.

I think I'm going to Gorilla Tape my original holster one of these days. LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread