tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up visiting a old fella who's been a hardscrabble prospector for many years over some ventilation needs of a little mine he's thinking of getting after and we of course talked about some the stories of old and the still out there possibilities that still may be out there for a dog and pony mine operation. He showed me his pocket piece he said was an eyeball find in a little dry wash picked up on a higher bench covered with a thin layer of alluvial deposit on solid bedrock. Sure was a heafty little rock holding in your hand and when I asked , so where'd you find it. He said he found in Colorado and not much more than that.

Attachments

• 20211025_125730.jpg
    20211025_125730.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211025_125738.jpg
    20211025_125738.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 13

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them old timers god blessem they hold there secrets good I was around one here in Colorado who had a pint mason jar with em in it. Always still let you know gold is still out their to be found.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d sure love to know what part of the state that was in!
Me to. From what I gathered from him, most of his adventures were in the area of Russel Gulch. He's working with an other fella who's gone after placer deposits in Wyoming and that guy says there's good gold up there, which I have always believed after I saw a nice little nugget years ago a lady had hanging on her neck and telling me it was found in the area of Baggs Wyoming.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them old timers god blessem they hold there secrets good I was around one here in Colorado who had a pint mason jar with em in it. Always still let you know gold is still out their to be found.
I do believe that's a fact. The tails they tell you best take with a grain of salt, but the evidence is real and right in front of ya. Just how the real truth goes is kinda questionable. Not really an outright lie, but told in a way a good Preacher would tell it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread