No Banner Finds Since May 30th? What's Going on Here?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK,now I see how to nominate or vote banner,I,ll do so in the future.Kind of stupid of me,I know,but my eyes aren,t what they once were.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that too. I for one have only been looking for Indian artifacts and at the beach, so little chance of anything really good.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet there is one soon. The person that found the Civil War canteen with the soldiers name on it has had a lot of banner votes (me included). I'm only guessing though.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought for sure I would get a banner for my 2 ounce spy with my eye nugget, or as I called it a hopper drop.
It's was a once in a lifetime find ..

Oh well back out into the bush maybe I find a gold coin this year ..

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,I figured out how to vote banner,now someone tell me how to vote honorable mention,or is that moderator controlled?Dumb I know,but somebody,s gotta be that guy.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet there is one soon. The person that found the Civil War canteen with the soldiers name on it has had a lot of banner votes (me included). I'm only guessing though.

I went to your profile and looked at all the threads you've started. The only one I found for 2021 was about how Treasure Hunters are the only ones getting banner. Where's your gold nugget thread? I'd love to see a monster nugget found by our community. Banner finds come from highly active pages like "Today's Finds" and only from original threads started by the finder. Another factor....back in the day, I found a couple banner worthy finds searching coin rolls. Many in that community (including myself at the time) didn't want a bunch of attention drawn. So people didn't vote banner. I don't remember a single announced "banner vote" on that highly active section of Tnet. List your nugget on Today's Finds along with a well written story about how you found it...I bet you'll be surprised at the attention it gets.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought for sure I would get a banner for my 2 ounce spy with my eye nugget, or as I called it a hopper drop.
It's was a once in a lifetime find ..

Oh well back out into the bush maybe I find a gold coin this year ..

Link? Like to take a look.
BTW, only a matter of time till you trip across some yellow coinage.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the lack of Banner Finds recently, is in direct result of the Pandemic and, the usual odds of finding anything spectacular at all, that we seem to be stuck with...! :dontknow:
So...!
Good Luck out there...!
And, Happy Hunting...!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t think people are too lazy to nominate, at least I hope that is not the case.I don’t think there have been a lot of exceptional finds posted lately. Maybe it has been too hot and too rainy for many to detect, or maybe people haven’t had the time to post. I think the Civil War canteen posted about a week ago was great, and I also saw a nice gold nugget bracelet recently that seemed worthy. I voted for both of them, and hope I did it right. Hopefully someone gets a banner soon and that we see more great finds. I am running out of good spots, so I don’t think I will be posting anything anytime soon. But you never know, as interesting things can show up just about anywhere.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I frankly haven't been on here as much this summer. I have been playing "new carpet", "new bath", "new to me truck", and on and on.

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, the weather could be a factor. It's been raining here all the time since March. Worst summer for rain ever. And when it's not raining, it 90 degrees and humid. But we're finally getting nice weather now, so maybe some banner finds from New England will pop up soon.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know down south my way this summer keep me indoors. It?s hard to motivate yourself when you don?t have a good honey hole left and when you leave in at 7 AM it?s already 90?. Many of times I?ve gotten dressed walked outside and walked right back in. This hobby is also a big mental game my partner Possum pretty much took of this summer getting married and everything so it?s haaard when you solo in this heat not to mention the gas prices going up with this idiot we got. [emoji631]

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to your profile and looked at all the threads you've started. The only one I found for 2021 was about how Treasure Hunters are the only ones getting banner. Where's your gold nugget thread? I'd love to see a monster nugget found by our community. Banner finds come from highly active pages like "Today's Finds" and only from original threads started by the finder. Another factor....back in the day, I found a couple banner worthy finds searching coin rolls. Many in that community (including myself at the time) didn't want a bunch of attention drawn. So people didn't vote banner. I don't remember a single announced "banner vote" on that highly active section of Tnet. List your nugget on Today's Finds along with a well written story about how you found it...I bet you'll be surprised at the attention it gets.
You must have gotten my name confused with some other members that use the name Trezurehunter but spell it differently or use a hyphen. I don't know what you are talking about, and went back to my own profile to check my started threads for 2021. There are only 16 of them, and none of the 16 are about how Treasure hunters are the only ones getting banner. Please have your usernames and facts straight before you mention someone regarding threads and responses.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You evidently went to the wrong profile, Trezurehunter has started 18 threads in 2021.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have gotten my name confused with some other members that use the name Trezurehunter but spell it differently or use a hyphen. I don't know what you are talking about, and went back to my own profile to check my started threads for 2021. There are only 16 of them, and none of the 16 are about how Treasure hunters are the only ones getting banner. Please have your usernames and facts straight before you mention someone regarding threads and responses.

Owassokie was, I believe, referring to gold tramp's post about eye ball finding a 2 oz. gold nugget. I checked his profile and the only thread that gold tramp started only one thread in 2021 that I could see and I think that it was about treasure hunters being the only ones to get the banner. I was looking for the 2 oz. gold nugget.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions