Nokta Impact Loves Small Gold!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you Impact users,
this past weekend i found a small 14k gold charm that totally blew me away. Not because the charm is valuable, because its not. Instead, because of how small it is and how clear the signal was when i found it. I posted the charm as one of my finds in the Today's Finds section but wanted to post it here because i wanted to give Nokta Credit for making such an outstanding detector.
So here are the Settings i was in when i found the charm.
Mode: VLX-2
Gain 85
Iron Audio 2
Frequency 20 KHz
I have come to really like these settings when on the hunt for gold.

These are the same settings i was using when i found the Gold coin ring a month or so ago.
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Considering the depth of the charm and the height of the coil from the surface of the ground, the charm rang up at a solid mid tone. I was not paying attention to the ID numbers so i don't know what they rang up as. I did do an air test and it rings up at 45 in the settings that i was using.

Note how small the charm is compared to a mercury dime.

About 1/3 the diameter

IMG_3109.JPG

And 1/3 the thickness.

IMG_3110.JPG

For those of you on the fence about the Impact, rest assured its a powerful machine.

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find! I wonder how small of a bit of gold it's capable of finding?

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! I wonder how small of a bit of gold it's capable of finding?

I don't know. This is the smallest gold i have ever found and it sounded pretty good.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The small earing ring holder on the back that holds it to a woman's ear is what I found about half the size of the charm, could not believe I found it being that small. Nice going HAPPY HUNTING

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The small earing ring holder on the back that holds it to a woman's ear is what I found about half the size of the charm, could not believe I found it being that small. Nice going HAPPY HUNTING

I found one of those as well but it was not gold. I have also found lots of shot gun pellets VERY SMALL as deep as 3 inches. They sound like and show a TID of a Deep nickel. You have to dig them because it may be gold!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions