vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
If you haven't already - you might consider posting your thoughts on NOKTA LEGEND for more exposure...

1Seekingsilver

Mar 1, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i and Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_2836.jpeg
I found this 1925 Merc today with the Legend on version 1.11. I only have used Legend about 6 hours so far.

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I know this is an older video and post but I thought I would chime in.
You make some good points I got my Legend in May of this year and decided to just update to V1.11 straight away.
I hope not to sound stand offish here but I'm not quite ready to step back to 1977 and my old Whites yard sale detector(I wand to say it was a 6000 series) and honestly my old X-Terra 305 is as close to push the button and swing as it gets.
Like you I also question some of the add on features and what effect they might have on settings you have already changed.
But most of what I've learned is those settings are not something you should use in your every day outings either.
Its been bone dry in my area for at least three weeks now I've not really had a lot of time put on it yet and that is not exactly a bad thing its given me time to learn to navigate the menus and I had one test run with it that gave me the chance to straighten things out with the settings I have changed that were not right for my area.
And in all reality the Legend is capable of turn it on a go.
All of the add on features not mentioned in the V1.07 printed manual look to be shut off by default in V1.11.
In the same respect I see some of this as repetitive almost to overkill.
But I guess that means there's something that everyone might find useful in there own soil conditions,and it takes time to find what works for you.
I guess that's really true with all these newer detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread