Nokta Legend

Dconcb

Mar 22, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it’s equal, then it’s better due to price and features. If it’s better, wow that will be a step in a positive direction for all detectorists. Pushing manufacturers to provide more for less. If it’s bottom of the list…. I’d like to think that nokta wouldn’t allow that, seeing as they really are customer driven, and that would seriously hurt the reputation that they are building.
But who knows?

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s on eBay now Auction ending tomorrow 2 bids currently at $320
The price is nice for the 540pp -thanks for the heads up! Best of luck with the Legend and I look forward to your reviews of performance.
DD

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m expecting the ferrous meter to operate similar to the iron probability meter that’s on the Orx. My expectation is the performance will not exceed the Equinox, but overall it will be a better machine, so a net plus. This is bc of the much improved build quality, and added features like ferrous meter and others. My only wish , well two would have been mid size coil option and s-shaft to aid balance. On my now sold equinox I modded it to have an s-shaft and it was for sure a nicer swing.
The s-shaft is not modern and outdated if you look at all the new detectors that came out the last 3 years but i really like this old shaft. My MultKruzer with s-shaft is much better in balance and swinging then my Simplex or Nox with modern shaft.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dilek from Nokta Makro just released a press statement on youtube that the warranty on the Legend will be 3 years instead of 2 years.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I disagree. The machine offers more than the Equinox 800, at the price of the Equinox 600. Waterproof; Vibration; underwater light; Two-Simultaneous Multi frequency settings; Five - Single freq settings; I think it will blow the Minelab Equinox out of the water. :skullflag::skullflag::skullflag::skullflag:

PS - I'm expecting mine around December 12-15.
Be interested to see a head to head test in the field with two experienced users on the same targets in the wild with the Nox and the Legend.
I wouldn't bet on either.

Robert211

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2015
I am waiting for some reviews. Call me skeptical, but heard the same thing about the APEX, although the Apex was presented as a lower scale detector. Time will tell.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time will tell but untill now i never had a Nokta Makro detector that was bad. I did a hard test drive with maybe 15 different detectors the last 4 years and sold 11 from them after testing. 2 of them i kept were from Nokta Makro.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time will tell but untill now i never had a Nokta Makro detector that was bad. I did a hard test drive with maybe 15 different detectors the last 4 years and sold 11 from them after testing. 2 of them i kept were from Nokta Makro.
I had a fors for gold for about 2 years. I hated it.
1st it was only 20khz and would not find the small stuff that the GM1000,deus,orx or whites24k will find.
2nd it had a tiny screen @ the handle, and if you needed to make adjustments, you had to flip the detector on its side to turn knobs.
it was a pain in the keister to use.

I'll wait for reviews also before making the plunge.

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in the market for another IB machine but Nokta makes some well built high performing machines. Swung a Gold Racer for a bit and not parting with my Multi Kruzer. Doubt people will be disappointed.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can it due all this? I waited a year before getting the Knox, it actually was the deepest detector I ever used. Now that I’ve had it for years it goes even deeper than I ever expected. When the Simplex came out it was also hyped as just as good as the Knox for half the price. Now they claim it’s as good as the Knox or better cheaper. From what I’ve seen it only runs 2 multi frequencies at thr same time. Only 6 tones, love the 50 tones. No definite release date yet. All I can say is prove everything they claim

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that Nokta Makro would be so bold as to lead with their 'chin' if the new Legend detector was just a 'me too' machine. The stakes are high. Just my .02, we shall see.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Legend has tone options of 1, 2, 6, and 60.

It also has user adjustable tone volume, user adjustable tone breaks, user adjustable tone frequency (pitch of the tone). The Legend also has vibration.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. The machine offers more than the Equinox 800, at the price of the Equinox 600. Waterproof; Vibration; underwater light; Two-Simultaneous Multi frequency settings; Five - Single freq settings; I think it will blow the Minelab Equinox out of the water. :skullflag::skullflag::skullflag::skullflag:

Boy terry that’s says a lot coming from you I agree let’s see it in action, minelab has serious competition finally after many years

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Literally... beings... it seems the EQ should not even BE IN the water... heh

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in the market for another IB machine but Nokta makes some well built high performing machines. Swung a Gold Racer for a bit and not parting with my Multi Kruzer. Doubt people will be disappointed.
That Multi Kruzer is a beast for con shooting. Locks so good on coins. I always take 2 detectors on my hunts but my Deus or Equinox 800 stays almost everytime in my car. I get better results with my Multi Kruzer.

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to miss any targets in 3 tone with the MK. Much of my hunting is either Gen Mode or 3 tone unless I am in some really heavy trashy areas where I use 4 tone. On the 4 tone I use notch audio on low, blocked out almost the entire range leaving only known target types including all coins from large cents, flying eagles, trimes etc etc. as well as common gold rings. This works incredibly well in old camping areas that have a ton of can slag from fire pits and very trashy parks. I don't think most Kruzer and Amphibio users really use notch audio.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had good results, ... only 2 hick-cups in over a year
My Simplex came with a PulseDive - and it "paired" fine, just that I couldn't physically use the probe..., so I'm using my trusty Nokta Pointer easily enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread