Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all

I am getting a new detector and need to get a pinpointer. Which would use choose between the two? These are within my budget. I am just talking about the regular xpointer, not the max.

Thanks
have never used either but have heard good things about the Nokta pointer if you are talking about the gray and orange one, I have never read or heard anything about the quest x pointer though
I will tell you I have the Nokta/Macro pulse dive which I like very much but the only thing I do not like about the pulse dive is how big it is and it is heavy but it is a totally different pointer from the one you inquired about

I edited this because both pin pointers you inquired about both have good reviews on them the only real difference i could tell is the Nokta pointer is water proof the X Pointer is just rain proof so you cannot submerge in water the X Pointer but you can the Nokta pointer, the X pointer does not have sensitivity adjustment, the Nokta does
personally I would go for the Nokta simply because of being water proof and having the sensitivity adjustment

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Junk more than likely. Hope not
do you have more you can add or are you just guessing, have you used either or are you just guessing ????

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The PulseDive is an excellent pointer

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have never used either but have heard good things about the Nokta pointer if you are talking about the gray and orange one, I have never read or heard anything about the quest x pointer though
I will tell you I have the Nokta/Macro pulse dive which I like very much but the only thing I do not like about the pulse dive is how big it is and it is heavy but it is a totally different pointer from the one you inquired about

I edited this because both pin pointers you inquired about both have good reviews on them the only real difference i could tell is the Nokta pointer is water proof the X Pointer is just rain proof so you cannot submerge in water the X Pointer but you can the Nokta pointer, the X pointer does not have sensitivity adjustment, the Nokta does
personally I would go for the Nokta simply because of being water proof and having the sensitivity adjustment
Good ol NOkta Pointer is rugged and has two coil covers to use
The controls are at the end of the probe out of harms way and less likely to get messed up.
It does seem to interfere with my Simplex though….weird that because same company made them…!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread