Non-Metallic Digging Tool

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Non-Metallic Digging Tool (Survey)

Have been doing some R&D the last 3-5 months on a Non-Metallic digging tool I designed and would like to sell on the TN website. Looked around on the TN site...but could not find a "Survey" function anywhere...
huh.gif
So thought I'd throw a picture out there and see what kind of interest there might be in the metal detecting world. Currently working with a local company to produce a sheath for said digging tool. Anyway...please respond with your thoughts...feedback...and or price point questions for both items. Have 5 different handle colors (Black, Orange, Green, Red, Blue)

B.U.D.T. (AKA - Butt Ugly Digging Tool).jpg

Got-Good-Tones

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty neat idea. Would have to be fairly strong.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested.... would like to see more pics and some pics of a used one, would you say it's as tough as a Lasche tool? What would be price with out sheath? Great idea!!

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toecutter,

I'll get you a picture of the prototype I've been using for R&D in the morning when I have some natural sunlight coming in the window. I've been abusing the hell out of the prototype just to see if I could break it...no luck yet...About the only thing I've noticed so far is the very tip gets a little bit worn...and you will see that in the picture(s). Good news is...pretty easy to get the tip back to a sharp edge...just hit it with a flat disk sander or belt sander.

As far as price...that's kind of why I'm throwing this out there...to get feedback...thoughts on price point...etc...etc. I'm thinking $19.95 for just the tool...no sheath...or $$29.95 for both.

Pretty much just trying to gauge interest at this point before starting up a vendor section on TN...testing the waters...so-to-speak.

Got-Good-Tones

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toecutter,

Nope...don't think so...probably weighs about a pound or so...maybe more.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it definitely looks strong I doubt I could break it Im going to take it out Saturday with Pallen in the MI winter ground see how it goes... Tommy A2coins

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is strong not breakable lol I was surprised 250lbs of raw steal was pulling on it. (Ok maybe not raw) It also fits perfectly in a slot on my mule pack I got made from your boy on here. I like it. I’ll take a picture and post it later. Thanks Got-Good-Tones!

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I should be getting some feedback from DrTones24k as well...sent him down a Non-Metallic Digging Tool last week. Don't know if he will be doing a video review or just do a write-up...video review would be awesome...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

Last edited:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It made from acetal? Pretty much every non metallic tool i made suffered from bad abrasion problems. They either abraded quickly or I made them too thick to be useful. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darke,

Proprietary info...sorry will not be able to answer that question for you on the specific material being used...But...it does hold up quite well out in the field...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering since i dispose of many pounds of POM scrap that size in Delrin, Celcon and generic acetal. Plus plenty of uhmw. Thought you might have a use for it.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is one reason it interested me. Had to fire one of my other NAS to find the pictures. One i did in 2012. Sold a few on ebay. I made 3 widths in 3 lengths. The center channel really helped so feel free to try it. The 1/2" width didn't have the channel. made it to flexible.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good digging tool. You can find my review in the General Discussion sub forum titled: "Assessment of the Non-Metallic Digging Tool".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread