Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cant remember the name but we used some on a job , it was an 2 part epoxy type paste dispensed from a cauking gun. you use a hammerdrill to drill holes and squeeze it in with the nozzle. it expands in about an hour and splits the rock. it makes a hell of a racket when the rocks break

I also have heard good things about DEXPAN, a buddy of mine used it on a job and said it worked well. you can use it underwater also. its available straight from dexpan or ordered at homedepot.com and can be sent right to your door

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455365897.298354.jpg try looking int this group . They will send all information and price sheet

one blanket

Nov 14, 2006
my experience with DEXPAN is they don't tell you there are 3 temperature grades; depends on your environment; hot weather, cool weather, etc.
It does set hard and people say it works fine. In my case, wrong temp grade, wasted effort.

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean to derail the thread but every since I seen the siera blaster I been wondering why I cant just use blank 30-06 rounds with a firing mechanism and some clay for packing?

The dexpan looks interesting but I'm wondering about cost effectivness, weight conciderations and..... jeez man, there is no glorious earth shattering kaboom.....

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't bought the Sierra blaster but from what I have seen I would be willing to give it a try , ( if I had a very rich location , which I have none at present , )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread