Noob Questions

Jjwildcat

Jan 3, 2022
For decades I’ve pondered getting out and searching for lost artifacts to preserve. Finally I have time to get out and do the work that I have wanted to do for so long.
I’m looking for any guidance or advice on places that would be considered open to be able to go out and get busy detecting or searching. I’m in Rankin County, central MS, about 1 hour away from Vicksburg.
I’m not limited to just land or just water and would like to get out in both. Would love to know if there are any clubs or groups in my area. If you have time to share with me some advice and some ideas of locations that I can get busy in, please let me know. Right now, I’ve just been door knocking and asking property owners for permission.
Thanks!!!

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
For decades I’ve pondered getting out and searching for lost artifacts to preserve. Finally I have time to get out and do the work that I have wanted to do for so long.
I’m looking for any guidance or advice on places that would be considered open to be able to go out and get busy detecting or searching. I’m in Rankin County, central MS, about 1 hour away from Vicksburg.
I’m not limited to just land or just water and would like to get out in both. Would love to know if there are any clubs or groups in my area. If you have time to share with me some advice and some ideas of locations that I can get busy in, please let me know. Right now, I’ve just been door knocking and asking property owners for permission.
Thanks!!!
Good morning JJ,
Welcome to Treasure Net.
Ghost towns, stage robberies,
There must be some lost treasures in Missouri :occasion14:
Good luck and congrats on new found time 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread