NORTH COAST HISTORICAL RECOVERY ASSOCIATION ( Painesville)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2005 info, no idea what is accurate.

the link takes me here
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/treasurehunting/
0000s.jpg
link.jpg

if your local enough

maybe call the Painesville Baptist Church. and ask if they meet there yet.

this link lists them as being from Madison

http://outdoorclubadventures.com/cl.../north-coast-historical-recovery-association/

Last edited:

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was a club in Cleveland that I contacted but they wanted money to register just to be on their forums. Sorry, but that is NOT how to grow anything. I say let everyone join your forums, it builds interest and lets people know if they mesh with the group or not.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnet is my detecting club, it's so much easier to log in and see what's happening in lieu of driving 50 miles to a building once a month to meet a few other MDers. I am not one for participating in seeded hunts.

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnet is my detecting club, it's so much easier to log in and see what's happening in lieu of driving 50 miles to a building once a month to meet a few other MDers. I am not one for participating in seeded hunts.

I agree with you there. I am not the most social of people so I wouldn't like meeting anyways and that means I'd have to find time for meetings. Plus seems like I have met plenty of local people here to fulfill that need for a club anyways.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahah we're hermit hunters! perfer to be left alone, work in small numbers, and wander around vacant lots.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
hahahah we're hermit hunters! perfer to be left alone, work in small numbers, and wander around vacant lots.

So, if I should notice someone swinging a metal detector, I should not stop and say, "hello," just keep on going?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, if I should notice someone swinging a metal detector, I should not stop and say, "hello," just keep on going?

It's your call, sometimes I stop while other I continue to the site I plan on detecting. I have been walked up to numerous times. Most were pleasant meetings. The worst are noobs who come up and want to Bogart your time and keep you from hunting and would keep you occupied for an hour or more if you let them. The even worse are those who, instead of hunting an area away from your grid, they jump in and start hunting right in front of you maybe 10 feet ahead in your grid line.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I might, just to be able to meet a fellow tnet-er, if Mr Wrightdigger is with me. I've been going up there for 16-17 years from Toledo to Cleveland and have never seen a dectectorist, but I was never paying attention for that before.:laughing9:

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started detecting at the end of July, and the only place I’ve ever seen other detectorists has been the beach at Headlands State Park. One fellow couldn’t be bothered with me, one did his best to keep walking away as I approached...I let him be and kept my distance. Did meet one nice fellow about my age and had a nice conversation. He even gave me a few tips on working that iron-riddled beach. ��

Otherwise I just keep to myself. Been in enough clubs to know that they’re mostly closely held cliques that don’t readily share information. That’s fine with me, because I’m enjoying learning at my own pace and having the occasional "epiphany moment" when the instruction booklet and practical application actually meet.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just started detecting at the end of July, and the only place I’ve ever seen other detectorists has been the beach at Headlands State Park. One fellow couldn’t be bothered with me, one did his best to keep walking away as I approached...I let him be and kept my distance. Did meet one nice fellow about my age and had a nice conversation. He even gave me a few tips on working that iron-riddled beach. ��

Otherwise I just keep to myself. Been in enough clubs to know that they’re mostly closely held cliques that don’t readily share information. That’s fine with me, because I’m enjoying learning at my own pace and having the occasional "epiphany moment" when the instruction booklet and practical application actually meet.

What part of NE Ohio are you in? I am in Southern Lorain County.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m over in Mentor.

jeffafd

Jul 27, 2013
Ashtabula (NE Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm in Ashtabula. Got my first White's in 1976, been hooked since. Got out this afternoon on my property and found a 1912 MEB lighter, a couple of lead ringed bullets and a nice flat button with shank still attached.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread