North Fork, Idaho Gold Mining Spots?

goldforlife

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2016
Salmon, Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be living in my 40' diesel pusher RV (home on wheels) and my Jeep Cherokee in North Fork Idaho for about 4 months starting on May 16th and wanted to pan some places but not sure where or what the regs are in the area. I know lots of BLM areas but not knowing existing claims makes it tough. Anyone have any insight into getting started out here? Thx!

I plan on joining GPAA as well, not sure if they have close by claims but I can travel somewhat as well to get there. Thx for all the help!

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with Clay's site My Land Matters for open areas. Also AMRA may have claims there. Most of the Snake is open, very fine au. Many miles of the Payette is open. Good Luck

OP
OP
G

goldforlife

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2016
Salmon, Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with Clay's site My Land Matters for open areas. Also AMRA may have claims there. Most of the Snake is open, very fine au. Many miles of the Payette is open. Good Luck

Thank you will do. Okay snake and payette. I think the north run of the payette is close to where I'll be will have to check it out. How to min the small stuff? classify and gold cube it?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good question. A cube would certainly catch the small stuff. They now have a High Banker set up for it I see. A sluice with conveyor belt matting is my next direction. Maybe a vortex sluice .Trying to move a volume of material and keep most of the au is a balancing act.

OP
OP
G

goldforlife

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2016
Salmon, Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I'm trying to read up on the idaho epa redging ban, the permitting on certain rivers etc, what a cluster **** Not sure if I need to get a permit for panning even, I'd like to test pan an area then scale up to something if good color

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a state assemblyman who is a miner. last year he submitted a bill to allow the State to disregard the EPA's arbitrary edict but the craven powers that be, never even let it go to committee. I'm sure he'll try again this year. Sometimes it is like tugging on Superman's cape, if you know what I mean. Most of the county sheriffs here are more inclined to arrest an agent of the EPA than a miner.Should you be harassed by a Fed, call the sheriff on him!!. He is in violation of the law! I don't know of one individual who has been cited by the EPA .

OP
OP
G

goldforlife

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2016
Salmon, Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^ Agree 100% too much infringement I think I read about some dredgers protesting by just openly dredging one section of the river in Idaho not sure what year it was..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread