North Ga Treasure

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the rocky face mt. range in dalton runs about 35 mile long and about 15 wide miles i-75 splits it into . the south side includes rocky face & dug gap battles were fought there that includes the defense of dalton . on the south end is snake creek gap which leads to resaca
the area i was told about an ore mine was redwine cove area its inbetween dug gap & snake creek gap one place which is a hole in the ground i found was on the west side of dug gap it was close to the rock formation there this being a rattle snake & copper head area i wasnt about to go in there :o but now its a park

OP
OP
rebelfirefighter07

rebelfirefighter07

Jul 29, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Another guy told me about a cave at the park and said native american signs led him to it. He just said it was in the park then stopped talking and wouldn't say where. I stomped all over that place last week with a buddy of mine and we didnt find any kind of cave. Just lots of dead end holes where all those rocks are stacked.

huntersc

Aug 12, 2008
i heard of a story by W.C. Jameson saying that there was an indian who would go to tocca ga with a bag full of gold and buy supplies for his tribe. The indian made friend with a greyhound bus driver who use to drive the route to Tocca and would see the idian about 10 miles from town and would pick hin up. The story goes on and says they made a friendship and the indian blindfoled him and took him to a cave where there was several dozen bags of gold in there.

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

Rebel Fighter erase inbox. The rollins fella that owned a huge pest control and trucking company, and I mean huge was born and raised in Keith GA. not that he couldn't have acquired all that on his own, but he may have found the Waterhouse treasure. He just died a couple a few years ago. I knew his traveling chef.

GOLDHUNTER2009

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2010
I have lived in Gainesville all my life. I want to talk to someone who wants to actually search for this treasure logically and efficiently. I currently live in lancaster, SC and would have to travel home but I am willing. Everyone has folklore that they have heard about but 1-3 serious people could spend one weekend and make a good determination on if the waterhouse treasure still exists. Please pm if interested. I don't have a detector but will get getting one in the next 2 months. Anyone having authentic indian information would be greatly appreciated.

May 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello my name is geoffrey davis i just moved to the dalton ga area i am an adventurer and i am looking for some people to take me on the adventure too for the lost treasure if interested please email me at [email protected]

May 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am very interested i am broke no money and car and i want to make another adventure i just moved here to dalton ga and i have heard so much about the waterhouse thing and i am willing if someone wants to bring me along my email address is [email protected]

H

Enable Cookies - Ancestry.com

Somewhere on the net is a photo of William, his mom and sister in front of Cohutta Springs resort around 1895. Just above this area is the Conasuaga river minus a few twists and turns it ends up in Mobile Al. Lots of copper with gold and a river to mobile, what a perfect place for a store house full of gold wrapped in copper.

H

big waterhouse.jpg

Pictured from left:
William Lea Waterhouse and his 2nd wife Ida
(Whittle)
Waterhouse; youngest daughter Leila Townes Waterhouse, eldest daughter Ethel Cornelia Waterhouse, & Ethel's future husband Ira Rufus Jeter
(Cohutta's telegraph operator, at the time)

Last edited:

smokey63

Apr 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 654443

Pictured from left:
William Lea Waterhouse and his 2nd wife Ida
(Whittle)
Waterhouse; youngest daughter Leila Townes Waterhouse, eldest daughter Ethel Cornelia Waterhouse, & Ethel's future husband Ira Rufus Jeter
(Cohutta's telegraph operator, at the time)

Great photo HDWT. The Waterhouse home is in Whitfield County in the city of Cohutta, GA. The Cohutta Springs Resort is located in Murray County, GA in the city of Crandall, GA. The photo is of the home as it is today.

Attachments

• Waterhouse.jpg
    Waterhouse.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 510
H

Yes I saw this and meant to make some corrections. It seems that Murray County around 1850 was split and formed Whitfield plus a few other counties. His mom owned a hotel I thought was in Cohutta Springs but was actually a old plantation made into a hotel near the city of Cohutta yet over the years more than one town claimed the name Cohutta Springs. The home above was built in 1905 by William Waterhouse for he and his family.

smokey63

Apr 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I just need to figure out where all that gold is around Rocky Face Mountain????

H

It's in the Cohutta mtns between the gold and copper.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else working the area from Cumming North ? PM me Looking to check out a few leads I have

hussey256

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Anyone doing active searches for this? I live in North East Alabama and am heading over to check out a hunch I got on this one. If I'm right I'll either be in jail or very rich. Wish me luck.

drumsticknick

Dec 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody correct my math...I figure one of those 6' bars would contain over 3800 lbs of gold, plus the weight of the copper.

Its roughly a little over 48000lbs per bar which is a hair under 20 tons. the average car is 2.5tons

a square ft of gold weighs 1206lbs

there are 40 some square ft per bar if they are 72"(6ft)long x 9" x 9"

milkbandit

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2013
Albany GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanna say I enjoyed reading all the posts here. I would love to hear more on any of this, or be directed to other sites. As a kid I was a big student of GAs hidden mysteries, and it still has as much appeal today. Cheers!

Michael Karpovage

Jul 30, 2010
Roswell, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab 3030 CTX
If y'all are looking for Cherokee Indian treasure legends in north Georgia let me turn you onto a book written in the early 1960s by a treasure hunter who was able to decipher the many hidden arborglyphs and petroglyphs out there and also found a good share of treasure himself. He compiled a slew of Indian stories centering around the early to mid-1800s before the Cherokee were forceable removed from their homeland and subsequently sent on the Trail of Tears. The late author's name is Forrest C. Wade and the book is called Cry of the Eagle. It is a rare out-of-print book nowadays but is in the Georgia library system. I think Forsyth County has a copy. Also, the Roswell Library and Archives has this book in their collection. There are several editions too.

The book contains maps and photographs and drawings of symbols that Wade had found carved on beech trees and rocks over the lifetime he spent hunting. And many historical names and families associated with the treasures. I've used this book and the clues to do some adventure exploring myself, but mainly for research on a new mystery thriller novel I've been writing now for a couple of years. My own book pits historical fact with present day fiction. Sort of a National Treasure type genre that is a sequel to my first novel Crown of Serpents.

The stories and legends from Cry of the Eagle are concentrated in the Canton, Gober, Ball Ground, and Hightower, GA area along the Etowah River. And let me tell you they are fascinating. If you are a history detective like myself then you'll love this book. Here is the direct Amazon link where there are three great reviews but exorbitant used prices. If you've heard of the Cherokee Tunnel treasure or the Canton Tunnel treasure or the lost treasure chest of James Vann (second richest man in the U.S. in early 1800s before being murdered) then it probably came from this book. To me it's like the Bible for Cherokee Indian treasure in GA.

By the way, the Eagle reference in the title is from the shape of the Etowah River forming a flying eagle with the head and tip of the beak pointing to the right at Hightower, GA. Here is a map that appears in the intro to the book showing the shape of the eagle/river.

Map.jpg

Send me a PM or Friend me on Facebook if you live in north metro ATL and want to do some serious exploring. I've compiled some PDFs of Wade's book stories I can email you to whet your whistle.

Best,

Michael

Last edited:

SILENTHAWK72

Tenderfoot
Jun 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very interesting post I have a lot of respect for Cherokee since I am a descendant of. Cherokee ancestors best to venture and look because if its on Federal land and your caught digging , No Fun For about 5-10 yrs and a hefty fine on top of that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread