North Ga Treasure

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys are hitting so close to home for me on this thread I'm getting a big kick out of it. I hunted civil war 25 years and all this treasure stuff is news to me. Federal forces camped Waterhouses. Its in the O.R.s. I am a descendant of the Keith family. Thats got me tickled. And also I have a set of grand parents burried in Redwine Cove. They homesteaded just over the mountain in The Huricane from there. Keep the stories coming , I'm loving it !

Lingerfelt

Greenie
Jun 27, 2014
North Georgia Mtns
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Guys Im new here. This is all very interesting. Im new to treasure hunting but I've always loved history and exploring. I live in Canton only a few miles from sixes rd. I think I might try and go poking around down there. I look forward to reading more of yalls post. Happy Hunting

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Waterhouse has nothing to do with the Confederacy. It was a Templar treasure.

Rhino10909

Jun 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm staying in Trenton for the time being and was thinking of going out tomorrow. If anyone wants to join you're more than welcome to. I don't have any gear, just 2 feet and a heartbeat.

XJD33X

Jan 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another guy told me about a cave at the park and said native american signs led him to it. He just said it was in the park then stopped talking and wouldn't say where. I stomped all over that place last week with a buddy of mine and we didnt find any kind of cave. Just lots of dead end holes where all those rocks are stacked.

I too found a cave by following trail signs. But then again there are caves all over that mountain.

GoldenTimes

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
White detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had good luck with gold panning on the Etowah river above canton, Some very interesting indian carvings in the rock near hightower area you should go check them out, anywhere north of canton on Etowah you'll find gold.

nlwolfe20

Dec 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold in North georgia

Careful when trying to locate this gold, the little ppl of the cherokee, protect it, and they aren't nice... I read a story about a man who had almost reached the gold but was front by two little ppl... they told him that he could leave politely or they could help him... 😕😕 doesn't anyone know that North Georgia is the enchanted land of the indians?? Ijs

ChefopathX

Apr 4, 2015
Rome, GA - Floyd County
Detector(s) used
Two Copper Wires - Willow Forks - Dip Needle
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is anyone here looking for the Hightower treasure in North Georgia?
I've researched it a good bit. I used to stay on Google maps and going through articles. I live up in Rome. I have tons of theory about possible locations. Even down river, here in Rome.

Michael Karpovage

Jul 30, 2010
Roswell, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab 3030 CTX
I like this 1930's treasure story in the same area. It was real. The boys actually found it while deliberately trespassing in pursuit of Cherokee signs. It was recorded in the newspapers and the landowner took them to court to claim the treasure trove. I even obtained the court transcript to look into it further as it set a precedent for State of GA treasure trove law. Pretty funny some of the back and forth of the lawyers. Ultimately, the court ruled in favor of the boys as they were the finders, thus the keepers. The landowner tried to claim it as his own, but he never knew it even existed as he was a new landowner. They said if he had sued them for trespassing he would have won the case, but he sued them to confiscate all of their gold instead. $15k back in the 30's was a shitload of money.

The rock referred to is at UGA. I was also able to look in the area for some signs/symbols as the county owns some public land in the area. Found some old arborglyphs, but no petroglyphs. Contacted the lawyer who represents the landowner today and never got a response. It's off of Mt. Tabor Rd. in the area of Brewton Creek.

For me, this is the best possibility to find additional gold caches from the Cherokee who were removed from the area.

Attachments

• Forsyth County Treasure.jpg
    Forsyth County Treasure.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 71
Apr 7, 2022
I like this 1930's treasure story in the same area. It was real. The boys actually found it while deliberately trespassing in pursuit of Cherokee signs. It was recorded in the newspapers and the landowner took them to court to claim the treasure trove. I even obtained the court transcript to look into it further as it set a precedent for State of GA treasure trove law. Pretty funny some of the back and forth of the lawyers. Ultimately, the court ruled in favor of the boys as they were the finders, thus the keepers. The landowner tried to claim it as his own, but he never knew it even existed as he was a new landowner. They said if he had sued them for trespassing he would have won the case, but he sued them to confiscate all of their gold instead. $15k back in the 30's was a shitload of money.

The rock referred to is at UGA. I was also able to look in the area for some signs/symbols as the county owns some public land in the area. Found some old arborglyphs, but no petroglyphs. Contacted the lawyer who represents the landowner today and never got a response. It's off of Mt. Tabor Rd. in the area of Brewton Creek.

For me, this is the best possibility to find additional gold caches from the Cherokee who were removed from the area.
I did some research on the Red Bank Tribe caches buried in the area that you referenced. I have done some drive bys of the area and the biggest plot of land by far is pretty heavily posted with no trespassing signs. It is owned by a guy in Germany and seems to be caught up in litigation with him, his real estate agent, and possibly his Hindu spiritualist who has/had an interest in the corporation (no I can't make this stuff up). I think that is going to need to shake out before anyone from that parcel agrees to a search effort as finding something would just be messier. I am working on an agreement for the landowner (including me carrying liability insurance) and will reach out a some point. Given the potential value of one of the pots, it would be best to have something in writing. There are two other landowners in that target area I plan on approaching soon when I can free up some time.

I have acquired a GPR unit which I will be using if I get permission. The challenge is lore has them up to 2,000 yards from the original location of the rock (which no one know exactly), so it will be a pretty large search grid.

But I am guessing they didn't find all 24 in 1909 and one or may may still be out there. If not, one of the clay post cracking open in the 80 years they were in the ground could still leave pounds of gold dust in the original hole.

I live 15 minutes from the site, so I am exciting to see what turns up.

I also want to find the original treasure cave Scudder was looking over. I have in mind what the target site should look like, but review of the Lidar charts of the area haven't turned up a promising spot yet.

Are you in the area?

Michael Karpovage

Jul 30, 2010
Roswell, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab 3030 CTX
I did some research on the Red Bank Tribe caches buried in the area that you referenced. I have done some drive bys of the area and the biggest plot of land by far is pretty heavily posted with no trespassing signs. It is owned by a guy in Germany and seems to be caught up in litigation with him, his real estate agent, and possibly his Hindu spiritualist who has/had an interest in the corporation (no I can't make this stuff up). I think that is going to need to shake out before anyone from that parcel agrees to a search effort as finding something would just be messier. I am working on an agreement for the landowner (including me carrying liability insurance) and will reach out a some point. Given the potential value of one of the pots, it would be best to have something in writing. There are two other landowners in that target area I plan on approaching soon when I can free up some time.

I have acquired a GPR unit which I will be using if I get permission. The challenge is lore has them up to 2,000 yards from the original location of the rock (which no one know exactly), so it will be a pretty large search grid.

But I am guessing they didn't find all 24 in 1909 and one or may may still be out there. If not, one of the clay post cracking open in the 80 years they were in the ground could still leave pounds of gold dust in the original hole.

I live 15 minutes from the site, so I am exciting to see what turns up.

I also want to find the original treasure cave Scudder was looking over. I have in mind what the target site should look like, but review of the Lidar charts of the area haven't turned up a promising spot yet.

Are you in the area?
Lost in the Forest,
Yes, I live in the area - down in Roswell though. You're much closer. I hear you that there has to be more caches out there..... just need to find the petroglyph and/or arborglpyh signs. If they still exist. I know the land that is posted you're talking about. I did not know that crazy stuff about it. I think it's the same owner whose land development went bust on top of the hill there. Which of course is a prime hunting spot. We contacted him on that phone number on the gate and he shot us down immediately when we asked permission.

I also have liability insurance that lasts until end of the year. And yes indeed, a contract is a must. In fact, our team (now defunct) even hired a lawyer to help us work through all the ins and outs. It's rather daunting.

Did you acquire a GPR unit, meaning you purchased one or borrowing if I might ask? Because I still have exclusive permission on the private land I'm relic hunting up in Graball, Ga for the lost Confederate treasure. See this POSTING. Possibly we can work something out. I own a MineLab 3030 CTX and it is badass.

The other nutsy thing is there's a local guy who has been digging for the Scudder cave you mentioned just off Mt. Tabor and Whitmire alongside Brewton Creek. The new landowner invited me over a couple of years ago to play devil's advocate after this guy – with one eye (not kidding) – was insistent on digging there. You see, his family previously owned the land and a Cherokee woman approached them back in 1993, supposedly with a map on an old deer skin looking for the cave entrance. A descendant of the Red Bank tribe. I dropped by the other day and he has dug a sloping tunnel about 60 feet in and even has electricity. It is absolutely nuts the amount of work he's done, mostly by hand. I took some video as I was just shocked. Any way, he hasn't found anything at all, not even Indian relics. Except, of course all the hundreds of invisible carvings that only HE can see, if you get my drift. Too long of a story to tell. But I plan on making a video of this soon explaining how treasure hunting can utterly consume your life away – like this guy.

You'll like this YT video I posted on the Jacob Scudder gravesite.

Apr 7, 2022
Lost in the Forest,
Yes, I live in the area - down in Roswell though. You're much closer. I hear you that there has to be more caches out there..... just need to find the petroglyph and/or arborglpyh signs. If they still exist. I know the land that is posted you're talking about. I did not know that crazy stuff about it. I think it's the same owner whose land development went bust on top of the hill there. Which of course is a prime hunting spot. We contacted him on that phone number on the gate and he shot us down immediately when we asked permission.

I also have liability insurance that lasts until end of the year. And yes indeed, a contract is a must. In fact, our team (now defunct) even hired a lawyer to help us work through all the ins and outs. It's rather daunting.

Did you acquire a GPR unit, meaning you purchased one or borrowing if I might ask? Because I still have exclusive permission on the private land I'm relic hunting up in Graball, Ga for the lost Confederate treasure. See this POSTING. Possibly we can work something out. I own a MineLab 3030 CTX and it is badass.

The other nutsy thing is there's a local guy who has been digging for the Scudder cave you mentioned just off Mt. Tabor and Whitmire alongside Brewton Creek. The new landowner invited me over a couple of years ago to play devil's advocate after this guy – with one eye (not kidding) – was insistent on digging there. You see, his family previously owned the land and a Cherokee woman approached them back in 1993, supposedly with a map on an old deer skin looking for the cave entrance. A descendant of the Red Bank tribe. I dropped by the other day and he has dug a sloping tunnel about 60 feet in and even has electricity. It is absolutely nuts the amount of work he's done, mostly by hand. I took some video as I was just shocked. Any way, he hasn't found anything at all, not even Indian relics. Except, of course all the hundreds of invisible carvings that only HE can see, if you get my drift. Too long of a story to tell. But I plan on making a video of this soon explaining how treasure hunting can utterly consume your life away – like this guy.

You'll like this YT video I posted on the Jacob Scudder gravesite.
I enjoyed the Scudder graveyard video, thanks for sharing. I had read that the bones/bodies were reburied at the site but not in the original vaults. The historical society was going to rebuild the mausoleum but from your video it doesn't look like that ever happened.

Noahb311

Mar 3, 2023
20 years ago I saw the cave with my own eyes it is on Rocky Face. The opening is the size of a basketball.So busy hunting for relics that i didnt hunt it.but i do know where its at.then moved back to Mississippi and then
still wonder bout it.learned bout Gold there years later.Today still could go to it its burned its image in my
brain.
Sir, could you please provide any information on this location that you have ? Anything is greatly appreciated! - Noah

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread