NORTH GEORGIA GOLD AT THE CRISSON MINE DAHLONEGA GA

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
ok im here now.just out the first day.have a week to spend here.where to begin? well i have been to this pay to pan mine before.about 14 years ago.i orig started topic on this to see,but seems no one on thisnet has been here before.so i try to give a report.place about the same as i remember it. they charge 10.50 a bucket [5 gal]for there ore now.it was 8 dollars back in 94.i think a pretty fair price. i have a 5 foot pac washer sluice box and ran 4 buckets today. paid 56 bucks for 6 buckets incl tax. after i cleaned up my concentrates i went to the office to say goodbye.they asked to see my finds. the lady said i had found about 85 to 90 dollars worth of gold.i thought she was being over generous until she showed me some small gold they have in the gift shop.and how much each small nugget weighs.doing the math comes out about right.even being conservative i would say at least $60.for which i paid about 37$.w tax.whoopee i love the treasure hobbies becuz they help kick in on the expenses and then i can stay even longer.granted 23$ aint no fortune.but if u add in the fun...greatt!!!!!!! any skeptics can just let me know when was the last time anyone was offering free golf!!let me know im in. going back tomorrow.i have 2 buckets credit to sluice.then ill try the trammell thing.this is like a giant mechanical hopper rotating drum attached to a 2 stage sluice box.if u buy the 6 bucket ore pkg the use of it is free.machine does most of the work.which is good cause im mighty sore even after just one full day of mining.yes too excited to even eat lunch..hopefully ill be real tired so i can get some sleep.bottom line is this seems great.i have been on a few do it yourself gold hunts and found out half my time seemed to be wasted trying to find club claims.and rechecking map. then im back in usually remote area.reg car doesnt like logging roads.fighting bugs.list goes on.this is not an ad for this place.im just saying i think this seems better.even though kinda baby like prob for u real prospectors.they crush ore in their own stamp mill.i guess someone gets lucky and finds a nugget of at least 2 dwt evry week or so.so hopefully itll be me.dreaming of gold tonite.to the lady that asked about gemm grubbing i havent tried it.some people who did it gave me a small pocketfull of gems.saying they didnt want them.so free to me sure.dont know if they have any real value.so sorry cant comment on gemm grubbin only to say they do offer it.and if its anything like their gold it should be a good value.sorry so long trying to be informative.signed that old rascal= the scrounger.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread