North Idaho

galaxy51

Sep 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE and XS, White's MXT and Classic ID
I am in Nampa Idaho and belong to a club in Boise which is only a 20 minute drive. In order to detect on city property in Boise you must have a permit. While in Boise obtaining a permit I met a fellow that showed my a well worn ladies Air Force Academy gold ring with a honker of a diamond in it! He found it while detecting on a beach at Cour d' Alene Lake. I bet you have a lot of sandy beaches to hunt at Lake Pend Oreille. Maybe a nice diamond ring is waiting for you in the sand somewhere!
Although not from your area of the state I am sure their are others there who enjoy the same hobby you do. There is not a club in Nampa but through the internet I have began to find some of the locals who detect and am enjoying persuing this hobby with them. Keep searching the internet and asking around locally and you will find people to share ideas, area info, finds, techniques, and so forth with.
If you venture this far south get in touch with me and we can go have some detecting fun! Cory

trip043

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2006
hi, will be moving from calif. to post falls / coeur d alene area soon, hope to meet some ppl to hunt with. hh

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
hey everyone I'm from Western NY and am looking for land in NW I already have properties in NE,SE and looking to expand my empire ;) seriously wife and I looking for retirment locals that offer lotsa treasure hunting possibilities. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 8)

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
May be in the St. Maries area in July for a family reunion, might swing a day to detect at the campgrounds (Huckleberry Campgrounds) right next to the St, Joe. Probably won't have time to go anywhere else.

Good luck, I've got a brother in Pend O.

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
I went coinhunting last summer a couple of times at the schools in Sandpoint and did pretty good as I found over 16.00 and some odd cents in change. Also found over 3.00 in change at the school at Clarkfork, ID. I use an white's xlt, one of the original models, 1996. Have been hunting with various detectors since 1979. I'm from Libby, Mt. Have fun detecting!

OP
OP
Korban

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
I was born and raised in Sandpoint and still have family there. Havent been back to visit with time to detect tho. im hopin to poke around this summer. If you head that way this summer let me know maybe we can meet up. I think there might be a couple spots that might be worth checking out. Who knows, so far here in eastern oregon i havent been finding much.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be in Boise in August. My wife is attending a class and I hope to get in some MD time. How do I go about getting a permit? Can I do it ahead of time by phone or mail?

thanks

stykbow70

Feb 2, 2007
I live in the Blanchard area, ~ 30 miles north of CDA, ID. I am just getting into the MD sport with a new Whites DFX. Looking for someone to learn from and to hunt with.....Stykbow 70

OP
OP
Korban

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
I will be up there this spring or summer, maybe we can go hunt then.

ginnysdaddy

Aug 10, 2007
Jeannette, PA (Westmoreland Co.)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
hey everyone I'm from Western NY and am looking for land in NW I already have properties in NE,SE and looking to expand my empire ;) seriously wife and I looking for retirment locals that offer lotsa treasure hunting possibilities. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 8)
E-bay has many listings in the West. 40 Acres and up. Pretty reasonable pricing too.
Not a bad Idea to check it out. Search Land Acres.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soon moving to Sand Point. My wife just took a new job there.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there any nugget hunting areas up there? We visit my wifes parents every year in sandpoint, might give me something extra to do while on vacation :D

Bluefrontside

Oct 11, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Id
I am in Coeur d'Alene and yes there is lots of places to prospect. We have a local club NW Gold Prospectors and put on a show in March at the Kootenia county fairgrounds. PM me if you want more info.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know if there are any areas in Bonner County to find placer gold? I may be travelling out that direction perhaps in a few months as a friend of mine recently moved to the Priest River/Coolin area. I did look at a map of historical gold mine locations and there seem to be a few scattered around that area, not sure if they were lode or placer mines though. Anyway, if anyone happens to read this and could direct me to where there might be placer gold in Bonner County, that would be great! It would be fun to do a little panning for a day or two while I am out there.

Thanks!

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maitland, i have herd and read about gold in the area you mentioned but i do not have any first hand knowledge of the area. i have also thought about learning more about
that area. i am located in the coeur d' alene area.
hope you get more help and answers.
ron

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
hi, will be moving from calif. to post falls / coeur d alene area soon, hope to meet some ppl to hunt with. hh

Did you ever move to the CDA area? Find anyone to hunt with? ANy sites worth hunting? AN update, after all these years, would be great. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread