northern california

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Andy, if you are interested in the Sacramento area, try the Auburn State Recreation Area or Bear River. A bit farther for you is the South Yuba River--some areas are hands and pans only (Bridgeport) so just do a little research before you drive.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy, welcome to Tnet! If your sluice is a larger model (keene A52 or even the 51) you might want to disguise it a little, camo paint, just so it does not attract so much attention, all silver and glaring in the sunlight. Folks other than prospectors are getting a bit sketchy around us, IMO...................63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ain't seen nuttn'-don't know nuttn' and adios mo'fo' and away ya go-John :skullflag:

Attachments

• 100_2203.jpg
    100_2203.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 670
  • 100_3035.jpg
    100_3035.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 225

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,
Nice water pictures but why did you post them. Oh wait a minute is that a camo'd dredge in the water? Nice! That is a narrow creek, it looks might fine and I would assume that it was worth the effort! Lovely water............63bkpkr

marz

Mar 27, 2013
South Texas
Detector(s) used
WHITES M-6 With eclipse 950 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice little little setup my and my best friend are putting some money together and going up to Colorado to go dredging for gold for the summer i cant wait he lives about 2hrs away he told me are dredging setup we got will be in next week we got a good deal on a 6 HP Power Sluice with 8 Foot Sluice Box this will be are first experience digging for gold we have been gold panning a few times when i was a kid i always remember watching Gold fever on tv late at night always wanting to go gold hunting :D

Buzz in California

Apr 22, 2019
Yuba City California
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000
EQUINOX800
MOSSBERG 12 GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice little little setup my and my best friend are putting some money together and going up to Colorado to go dredging for gold for the summer i cant wait he lives about 2hrs away he told me are dredging setup we got will be in next week we got a good deal on a 6 HP Power Sluice with 8 Foot Sluice Box this will be are first experience digging for gold we have been gold panning a few times when i was a kid i always remember watching Gold fever on tv late at night always wanting to go gold hunting :D

Marz, the sluice sounds like a very nice setup, you didn’t mention any breathing gear, masks or wet suits; are you going to use a hooker to prospect? With no breathing equipment, you’ll be restricted to the banks where for years before you metal detectors and gold panners have been searching for gold.

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia.....RAIDER NATION :skullflag:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marz, the sluice sounds like a very nice setup, you didn’t mention any breathing gear, masks or wet suits; are you going to use a hooker to prospect? With no breathing equipment, you’ll be restricted to the banks where for years before you metal detectors and gold panners have been searching for gold.

Well, when you consider he made that post SIX years ago....

Maybe he got a Hooker set up:tongue3:

By now:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread