Norton Virginia

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey friends. Im heading through Pikeville Friday and down to Tennesse to buy fireworks for my familes annual fourth of July cook out. I can buy them here Illegally but the fun is my wife and I getting to travel through Pikeville, Virginia, and then Tennessee. We always stop in Norton Virginia and eat at Woodbooger ha ha. Aweseome place to eat. Anyways I was wondering if any of my buddies here knew of any good historical places to visit or knew of any other places to check out. We are going to spend the night there Friday and maybe Saturday when we come back from Tenn. We love Woodbooger that much lol. It seems like Norton was the site that that crazy Swiftsearcher claimed he found treasure before he got his fanatical ass put in prision lol. I dont remember exactly. Anyways any cool places in that area would be appreciated!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been that way into TN since I live North central KY. If I were going I would have to hit all the gaps in the area...Pennington, Big Stone and Pound gaps and the town of Wise obviously...so many Swift stories came out of that area. Even Castlewood is not far off. Harlan, KY is where my mom was from ...they moved from there to Lexington when she was a girl around 1938. Ashcamp supposed to have got its name from Swift legend. Sounds like a nice way to spend some time and check some places discussed on here from time to time. Enjoy!

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=Norton+Virginia&FORM=HDRSC4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread