Not a coin roll hunter but…

JohnrC

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2022
Stopped by the bank near my house yesterday afternoon to make a deposit. After reading three different kinds confusing notices on the door one of the tellers opened the door to tell me they are open and yesterday was the last day they would’ve open. I went in and while she was processing my deposit I heard the next teller tell the manag who was in charge of relocating everything that she had several rolls of dollars and $620 of half dollar rolls. My impulsive ADHD kicked in and I asked her to repeat that last statement. I then wrote a check for all of the half dollars it was one box and a paper bag. They gave me a huge handful of wrappers too after finding out what I had planned. I found 1-90% and 8-40% in the bag of rolls. The box was a bust. It was a mix of 71-2001. I was ab to shake most of them out and reuse the rolls they came in. Gave me a good hour or so of entertainment and added some silver to my collection.

Upvote 8

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont forget to check for error strike half dollars, there was a bunch of random years of error coins.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I then wrote a check for all of the half dollars it was one box and a paper bag. They gave me a huge handful of wrappers too after finding out what I had planned. I found 1-90% and 8-40% in the bag of rolls. The box was a bust.
Welcome. You now ARE a coin roll hunter. You just did it. Let's see if you get addicted now. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread