Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a George Washington button but as close as I will get digging here. 1789 King George III Long Live The King.

My hunt yesterday finally gave me a good reason to post. Ironhorse and I went to the site thinking more along the lines of maybe something Rev War, and I came home with this. I dug it just minutes after getting into the iron having caught it on the edge of my coil - looked down and seen a bent corroded button in the dirt. Of course I thought dandy button until I took a closer look and seen the ribbon running across the center and knew exactly what it was. I had always hoped to find one of these but figured the odds were so low it wasn't ever something that was at the top of my mind. I also got lucky it cleaned up well because there wasn't much to see when dug being as corroded as it was.

Attachments

• fp1.jpg
    fp1.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 38

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a George Washington button but as close as I will get digging here. 1789 King George III Long Live The King.

My hunt yesterday finally gave me a good reason to post. Ironhorse and I went to the site thinking more along the lines of maybe something Rev War, and I came home with this. I dug it just minutes after getting into the iron having caught it on the edge of my coil - looked down and seen a bent corroded button in the dirt. Of course I thought dandy button until I took a closer look and seen the ribbon running across the center and knew exactly what it was. I had always hoped to find one of these but figured the odds were so low it wasn't ever something that was at the top of my mind. I also got lucky it cleaned up well because there wasn't much to see when dug being as corroded as it was.
Outstanding congratulations nice find!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a outstanding save! I have never seen one of these on the forum:icon_thumleft:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As buttons go that is spectacular!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats !!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

great save, such a cool find. well done

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a fantastic unexpected catch IP.
It's one of those finds that not only make the day, but it makes the season's top self.
Congrats on recovery.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatโ€™s not only an rare button but sheโ€™s a looker too.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to come back to congratulate you here as well my friend. Great find! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. I would be pleased to add that one to the collection!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread