Not a well planned day.....But scored silver anyway!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey gang......haven't had anything to post recently. Been a real dry spell.

I couldn't decide where I wanted to go today.....gas was little low, so I decided to stay fairly close to home. I hit a couple a regular stops and didn't get very much. After getting frustrated....I decided to hit one of my favorite schools. I usually score a couple of bucks in clad with a surprise dollar coin occasionally. I wasn't finding too much to start with.....and I was thinking to myself that I haven't ever found any jewelry at this school and I was well overdue! Then underneath the monkey bars, I got a iffy signal and could see a little shiny piece under the sand. It didn't take much to unearth the little silver flip flop earring. It has some stones in it, but they are probably CZ's. I kinda smiled to myself and thought, Now, wouldn't it be nice of this child to lose the other one so that I could have a pair? Six inches later, there was the second! I was tickled! :tongue3: They look gold in the pic and I have cleaned them, but they are clearly marked as you can see.
The religious medal came from a park I hit occasionally. I call it the Hispanic park....I have been hoping to score some gold from there, and I'm not sure I did today. It's not marked, but it sure is pretty. It will go in my collection.

It wasn't a great day, but not a bad one either. Silver any day is wonderful! Hope you all found something cool today as well.

Happy Hunting!
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_2832.JPG
    IMG_2832.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_2839.JPG
    IMG_2839.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Jerry1NJ said:
Nice finds!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jerry......love your new avatar!

And Thanks Camper......It turned out okay.....Four of my other hunting spots were occupato today......very frustrating! >:(

HH,
Moon

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice day you had Moonie! Some keepers.

Every time I see your name I think of Cat Stevens. ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Moon. At least you found a matching pair :thumbsup: ;D

:wink: RR

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rare to get a pair :thumbsup:
925 is the Sterling Silver standard, but I guess you just meant they looked like gold, which they do 8)

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Cindy :thumbsup: Good to see you posting again. Nice job on the finds, the earrings are cool! I only found a matching pair once, but they were junky, not nice ones like yours. Are you going to wear them?

Nice job,
Nat

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Guys and Gals......Thanks for the replies!

thrillathahunt said:
What a nice day you had Moonie! Some keepers.

Every time I see your name I think of Cat Stevens. ;D

I get that alot Thrilla.....That's why I condensed it to just Moon. ;D

River Rat said:
Great finds, Moon. At least you found a matching pair :thumbsup: ;D

:wink: RR

Thanks Girlie....Great to hear from you! I was really surprised to find the second one! Get out there and do some huntin girl! I want to see your stuff too!

CRUSADER said:
Rare to get a pair :thumbsup:
925 is the Sterling Silver standard, but I guess you just meant they looked like gold, which they do 8)

Yeah.....That's what I meant Crusader ;D

Natman said:
WTG Cindy :thumbsup: Good to see you posting again. Nice job on the finds, the earrings are cool! I only found a matching pair once, but they were junky, not nice ones like yours. Are you going to wear them?

Nice job,
Nat

Thanks Nattie......It's my second pair of "keepers" I have found. The first ones were still on a display card after a craft show. No...I won't being wearing them.....they are already in my display case. I don't do danglies...... :tongue3:

Go get em ya'll!
Moon

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Very nice diggs!

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
dave-enc said:
wtg moon on good day of finds, nice earrings. The relegious medallion looks like it might be gold
hh
dave+bobbie

Yes....I thought so too Dave, but it isn't marked. When I looked at it closer with the loupe, it looked a little rough. It might be plated though. I'll have to have it tested to know for sure.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies! Hope you all find something cool today.

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread