Not much...but something

Sebix

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2006
Germany
Hi,
I would like to show you my finds of the last year. It's not much, but better than nothing. ;)

First, a british 20MM-cartridge case. It's from an Aircraft-Machinegun and found on a meadow near my home-village in northern Germany. It was my first military-find and since then, I found 4 or 5 of them on the same meadow.

huelse_hinten.jpg

huelse_oben.jpg

I also found a 20MM-Bullet and a 7,93mm-Cartridge in my garden(!), but I didn't take picture since I found them.

Second, a burned out "Handflammpatrone" from the modern German army. Probaly, it was thrown away on a maneuver in a forest near my home-village.

ufo_hinten.jpg

ufo_seite.jpg

ufo_vorne.jpg

Third, a cartridge case from a hunting-rifle, found on the same meadow like the 20mm-cartridge cases.

huelse_2_hinten.jpg

huelse_2_oben.jpg

huelse_2_seite.jpg

Fourth, my best ground-find ever! A neolithic axe. After I found it I brought it to the next archaeologist and he said, that the axe is probably 4000 years old.

hammer_1.jpg

hammer_2.jpg

Fifth, some pictures of my Great-Grandfather (btw: is that the right word for the father of my grandfather?).

http://home.arcor.de/midgard15/uropa

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, but I only have a webcam!

Sebastian

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds, Intresting Axe.

I Particularly Enjoyed the Pics of your "GREAT-Grandfather"
Etc.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow ...Those are some great photos...that axe is a excellent find.....could you tell us more on the photos...What is happening in them...I see one of three men in a fox hole? or ditch? ...what is happeneing....and one with the covered bodies? Where were these taken...

OP
OP
S

Sebix

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2006
Germany
gefallene.jpg

On the back stands "Comrades of the 90th Infantry-Regiment on 17th November 1941"
That Photo was taken in Russia.

krater.jpg

About this photo I can't say much, because on the back stands nothing. It must also been taken in Russia.

saufen.jpg

On the back of this photo stands: "Who has no liquor, is not allowed to drink some" ;)

uffz.jpg

This photo shows my Great-Grandfather, as he advanced to the rank of a "Unteroffizier" (Sergeant).

fischer_3.jpg

Here you can see him with his wife and his two daughters. The right is my grandmother. On this photo his rank is "Hauptgefreiter" (Lance-Corporal).

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
very intresting
What awards at your grandfather? In the first photo at one of the soldier I have seen a tape of an iron cross. 90 infantry shelfs were in 18 infantry divisions under stalingrad! I am right?

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
What awards at your grandfather? In the first photo at one of the soldier I have seen a tape of an iron cross. 90 infantry shelfs were in 18 infantry divisions under stalingrad! I am right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread