Not much swingin but 1 IHP, some walk around clad and a 2012 S quarter in my change

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather kept me away from detecting and then family stuff took over. Finally after 2 weeks and all the best weather is over I was able to get out. I went to the 1920s house I got permission for right before the snow and ice hoping for a great day. It was ok, but not like I had hoped.l

I spent 4.5 hours with the CZ21 gridding the front yard and part of the back. All together I found 84 coins with a face value of $4.16, a clock frame, a brass ball finial, an IHP, a wheatie, a lead button(?), a brass multi tip screwdriver handle, a faucet handle (covered in paint), a modern key, a toy motorcycle, a few tabs and assortment of normal yard stuff including a 3 foot long piece of copper pipe with a brass fitting on the end.

0258BCBD-5CA8-4A1C-985A-E00F066585D5.jpeg

The Indian head was the star of the hunt. I have detected 9 homes on the street and all of them have produced at least one IHP. It is an 1899 that has been well used nd there was a 1948 wheatie as well. Hopefully more goodies will be I. The back yard.

8521A79B-D8A0-40DB-B4D4-471C6DB9D2B7.jpeg

The lead disk that looks like a button has indentations around the holes like it was fastened to something. Almost like the end of a fluorescent tube, but definitely not that. Iā€™m not sure exactly what it is. Anyone recognize it?

0B5C1263-191D-49EB-B3D9-4EBEACA43A12.jpeg

We had to go back to Baltimore over the holidays for more doctor visits and I managed to get in some early morning parking lot walks. Nothing great, but I did score some clad and a little junk jewelry. I got 3 quarters from the coin returns in the vending machines at the mall on our walks and a few miscellaneous coins on the sidewalk and in parking lots around home.

BD1FEE68-38C6-4831-9355-8523B335F9A4.jpeg

I always check my change hoping for a W mint mark quarter and ended up with an S instead. These 2012 Denali quarters were not sent to banks for circulation, but were sold to collectors. Someone put this one in circulation by mistake. Not worth a lot, but better than your average quarter and an interesting find at least.

1BF1D03B-9766-4687-9C1E-9FC552DBA752.jpeg

1669A262-B1CA-425D-BCA4-1F645D562502.jpeg

(Sorry the pictures arenā€™t great. The quarter was so shiny I just couldnā€™t get a decent shot and Iā€™m having compatability issues with my new iPad and old camera.)

Not a great start to the new year, but it could have been worse. The snow is falling along with the temperatures so itā€™s back to winter style hunting gain darn it. Hopefully it will warm up again soon. Stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather kept me away from detecting and then family stuff took over. Finally after 2 weeks and all the best weather is over I was able to get out. I went to the 1920s house I got permission for right before the snow and ice hoping for a great day. It was ok, but not like I had hoped.l

I spent 4.5 hours with the CZ21 gridding the front yard and part of the back. All together I found 84 coins with a face value of $4.16, a clock frame, a brass ball finial, an IHP, a wheatie, a lead button(?), a brass multi tip screwdriver handle, a faucet handle (covered in paint), a modern key, a toy motorcycle, a few tabs and assortment of normal yard stuff including a 3 foot long piece of copper pipe with a brass fitting on the end.

View attachment 2063501

The Indian head was the star of the hunt. I have detected 9 homes on the street and all of them have produced at least one IHP. It is an 1899 that has been well used nd there was a 1948 wheatie as well. Hopefully more goodies will be I. The back yard.

View attachment 2063504

The lead disk that looks like a button has indentations around the holes like it was fastened to something. Almost like the end of a fluorescent tube, but definitely not that. Iā€™m not sure exactly what it is. Anyone recognize it?

View attachment 2063500

We had to go back to Baltimore over the holidays for more doctor visits and I managed to get in some early morning parking lot walks. Nothing great, but I did score some clad and a little junk jewelry. I got 3 quarters from the coin returns in the vending machines at the mall on our walks and a few miscellaneous coins on the sidewalk and in parking lots around home.

View attachment 2063503

I always check my change hoping for a W mint mark quarter and ended up with an S instead. These 2012 Denali quarters were not sent to banks for circulation, but were sold to collectors. Someone put this one in circulation by mistake. Not worth a lot, but better than your average quarter and an interesting find at least.

View attachment 2063505

View attachment 2063506
(Sorry the pictures arenā€™t great. The quarter was so shiny I just couldnā€™t get a decent shot and Iā€™m having compatability issues with my new iPad and old camera.)

Not a great start to the new year, but it could have been worse. The snow is falling along with the temperatures so itā€™s back to winter style hunting gain darn it. Hopefully it will warm up again soon. Stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats !!

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2063501

View attachment 2063504

View attachment 2063500

View attachment 2063503

View attachment 2063505

View attachment 2063506

I like the big horn sheep on the quarter, I have seen some by the road in Colorado. Happy Hunting!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2063501

View attachment 2063504

View attachment 2063500

View attachment 2063503

View attachment 2063505

View attachment 2063506

Great post! I love the IHP finds and did not know that about the 2012 Quarters... I'll keep my eye out...I managed a W mint quarter a while back...also love that you recovered some quarters from the vending machines! Looks like you were busy digging. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread