Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not much the show but I got something now the something is whatā€™s in question it rang up at a 1516 on the 800 which normally I donā€™t dig but I came up with this many pulltabs later. Itā€™s not aluminum thereā€™s a Louisiana text token the same size but when you drop them itā€™s two different sounds and this oneā€™s I was a little heavier I donā€™t know if itā€™s pewter I donā€™t know if itā€™s a Button somebody mustā€™ve nailed a hole through it and it looks to be round itā€™s just one of those are things I keep with character maybe it might amount of something one day Iā€™ve been getting lucky lol thanks for looking.
22mm
Compared to a Louisiana tax token You can see why I wondered
UPDATE:::: Silver in the hole!!!! This look like a smash bottle cap and I was clearing out my bag and sure enough thereā€™s goodness in the hole. Hereā€™s the first itā€™s my first Norwegian sterling silver what appears to be a salt shaker or pepper shaker lead unbelievable. Also thought this was just a little cheap token but actually I love it ā€œSaint Michaels please protect us in battleā€. Look it up on Google but I canā€™t find the exact one maybe itā€™s old. 25.7mm damn 6 grams. OK the rest is definitely just trash lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Upvote 16

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much the show but I got something now the something is whatā€™s in question it rang up at a 1516 on the 800 which normally I donā€™t dig but I came up with this many pulltabs later. Itā€™s not aluminum thereā€™s a Louisiana text token the same size but when you drop them itā€™s two different sounds and this oneā€™s I was a little heavier I donā€™t know if itā€™s pewter I donā€™t know if itā€™s a Button somebody mustā€™ve nailed a hole through it and it looks to be round itā€™s just one of those are things I keep with character maybe it might amount of something one day Iā€™ve been getting lucky lol thanks for looking.
22mm
UPDATE:::: Silver in the hole!!!! This look like a smash bottle cap and I was clearing out my bag and sure enough thereā€™s goodness in the hole. Hereā€™s the first itā€™s my first Norwegian sterling silver what appears to be a salt shaker or pepper shaker lead unbelievable
You always find something. Good job.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff Truth, you're on a roll!
See it takes me about an hour to get there and I donā€™t check my fines in field I like to chew on them and then wonder what exactly it is but the time I get home thatā€™s how I like to do it

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22mm
UPDATE:::: Silver in the hole!!!! This look like a smash bottle cap and I was clearing out my bag and sure enough thereā€™s goodness in the hole. Hereā€™s the first itā€™s my first Norwegian sterling silver what appears to be a salt shaker or pepper shaker lead unbelievable. Also thought this was just a little cheap token but actually I love it ā€œSaint Michaels please protect us in battleā€. Look it up on Google but I canā€™t find the exact one maybe itā€™s old. 25.7mm damn 6 grams. OK the rest is definitely just trash lol
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly used for a roofing tab.
Nice group find in all. Congrats

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly used for a roofing tab.
Nice group find in all. Congrats
No I found it at a fort with no roofing nails that I have found and Iā€™ve hunted there more than 100 times. I cleaned it up as much as I can it seems to have a brass rim but I donā€™t know what the junk is on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976.9 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK well I found it I just wish I knew how old it was the only place I could find it was at this auction and they donā€™t let you know what it sold for another mentioned age

Attachments

• 5951D9DB-D784-41FD-995B-85A8952443E0.png
    5951D9DB-D784-41FD-995B-85A8952443E0.png
    302 KB · Views: 41

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of items were used to help keep shingles in place on a roof

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
22mm
sweet, love that surprise silver!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet, love that surprise silver!
Yeah I love surprises too thatā€™s why it takes everything in my power not to clean anything in the field if I know itā€™s good Iā€™ll put it in a special place uncleaned if I think itā€™s trash Iā€™ll put it in my trash but I always double check and clean my trash and it has worked out for me I wouldā€™ve missed a lot of goodies

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See it takes me about an hour to get there and I donā€™t check my fines in field I like to chew on them and then wonder what exactly it is but the time I get home thatā€™s how I like to do it
Thats funny I do the same this everything goes in my pocket and when I get home I crack a beer and look at all the stuff I found

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats funny I do the same this everything goes in my pocket and when I get home I crack a beer and look at all the stuff I found
Yeah itā€™s great he gives you a chance on letting your mind wander and you could chew on it a little bit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread