PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gentile sugestion, in mining we are always faced with the problem of keeping cyanide active, it combines with too many things ..Did they even know how to make it in those days ??

Listen to everyone,[including Jose] and take the good and learn.

I'm trying to read thru this from the beginning at the first post, but all of the nit picking and straining at the gnat and swallowing the camel is running everyone else's oppinion/ conjecture and ideas is just a pi$$ing contest and every loses.
The brothers are on a quest and that
Means there will be questions.
Some of them may not get answered.

Live with the research and actions that the brothers put forth.
Put yourselves in their shoes, as they try to put themselves in the tracks of those that have trod that island.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to everyone,[including Jose] and take the good and learn.

I'm trying to read thru this from the beginning at the first post, but all of the nit picking and straining at the gnat and swallowing the camel is running everyone else's oppinion/ conjecture and ideas is just a pi$$ing contest and every loses.
The brothers are on a quest and that
Means there will be questions.
Some of them may not get answered.

Live with the research and actions that the brothers put forth.
Put yourselves in their shoes, as they try to put themselves in the tracks of those that have trod that island.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Yes, the. brothers are on a quest to fleece all of the show's advertisers of as much money as they can before the show gets cancelled.

This week's episode finds the brothers returning to 10x even though one of the world's most respected divers has been to the bottom and found nothing...

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't suppose another dive into 10X is based on ratings the diving shows get do you? More exciting than watching another drill rig sink another hole to nowhere. After 15 or so dives already having been done there, from the 70's on up to today...to think there is anything there is quite the stretch. But I bet they find 'something' to make it possible to dive it again later on anyway...and keep those ratings up.

Probably won't watch this one if it is just a rehash of diving the same shaft one more time...But then I kind of hate to miss my weekly fix of the announcer saying "Could it be....."

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know why there are "Fish Kills" in shallow lakes that ice up? Trapped Hydrogen Sulfide gas from rotting plants that can't out-gas because of the ice.

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/hydrogen_sulfide.html

Not sure if I'm adding anything here, but this is not accurate. Rotting vegetation consume the oxygen in the lake as they die. And it is the lack of oxygen in the lake that kills the fish, not trapped H2S. That is what surface aerators are for, to re-introduce oxygen into shallow lakes to allow over-wintering of fish. If it was trapped H2S gas, every ice fisherman would immediately die as soon as they drilled a hole in the ice.

WVU Ext - Aquaculture | "Winterkill" More Likely in Severe Winters

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Brothers aren't fleecing the Network, Advertisers or the History Channel. They all go where the ratings are. Do you think McDonald's truly cares or even knows what the Brothers are doing. As long as the ratings are within the contract they signed to advertise during the time period is all they care about. If the ratings drop below that the Network can't get as much money which in turn will cancel the show... Now if the Brother have other silent investors that could be a different story depending on what or how they are supposed to spend that money.. If not for the show I doubt the Brothers are getting paid from anyone.. As far as we know it is just them and Marty's partner investing money. ( Besides money from the show ).

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Petetherocker, you are so right. FISH DON'T GO WHERE THEY CAN'T BREATHE. MY COUSIN WORKS FOR A PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL IN FLORIDA. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF SPRING FED PONDS ON HIS PROPERTY. BECAUSE OF THE ABUNDANCE OF CYPRESS TREES, UNERWATER PIPING AND PUMP HOUSES ARE INSTALLED. THE PIPING IS PUT IN THE BOTTOM OF THESE PONDS AND AIR IS PUMPED THROUGH TO RE- OXYGENATE THE LOWER WATER. OXYGEN IN THESE PONDS IS MON-EXISTANT BELOW 10 FEET.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll alter it to "a cause" and not the "most likely cause". Recall in the thread we were talking about what could cause humans to drop dead relatively quickly in a well. The Restalls were above the water - not in it.

Fish Kill Causes and Prevention | Aquatic Systems

Turnover occurs in the spring and fall when surface water mixes with water near the bottom. That water may contain little or no oxygen. Carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide gasses that are potentially lethal to fish can build up in the lake’s deepest water and are quickly circulated throughout the lake during turnover.
Turnover is usually not harmful to fish. However, if strong winds, cold rains or rapid temperature changes accelerate the turnover process, fish can die as a result of suddenly being exposed to low quality water.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
You would be correct!

Excellent! So, what is the difference between pure Prussian blue and Prussian blue, at least as the rest of the world understands it to be? Let's figure this out.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Null Hypothesis on the Freemason's Use For Prussian Blue would be a Soluble Solution

Excellent! So, what is the difference between pure Prussian blue and Prussian blue, at least as the rest of the world understands it to be? Let's figure this out.

Here is a link to a book written by: Davidson, David...The Nature of Prussian Blue

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/j150290a007?journalCode=jpchax.2

Soluble Prussian Blue

This is made by pouring a solution of ferric chloride or ferric nitrate into an excess of potassium ferrocyanide solution (yellow prussiate of potash), or by pouring ferrous sulphate solution into excess of potassium ferricyanide solution. The blue precipitate formed is washed with distilled water until the wash-water begins to acquire a blue tint. The composition of the pigment thus prepared is, when dry, represented by the formula K[SUB]2[/SUB]Fe[SUB]2[/SUB](CN)[SUB]12[/SUB]Fe[SUB]2[/SUB]. It contains potassium, and is, in reality, a double ferrocyanide - a 'potassio-ferric ferrocyanide.' It is less stable than the other kind of Prussian blue...InSoluble Prussian Blue

Insoluble Prussian Blue

Insoluble Prussian Blue may be prepared by boiling No. I. (the soluble kind) with a solution of ferric chloride, by mixing solutions of ferrocyanic acid and ferric chloride, by pouring potassium ferrocyanide solution into an excess of a solution of ferric chloride, or of ferric nitrate, and heating the mixture for some time, or by precipitating a watery solution of Blue No. I. with an excess of either of the above-named iron salts. It may also be obtained by oxidizing Turnbull's blue (No. III.) with chlorine water or nitric acid. The chemical composition of this pigment is very complex, the simplest empirical formula for it being Fe7(CN)18: it will be seen that it contains no potassium.

Prussian Blue referred to in Wikipedia is the Insoluble although this Pigment can also be made from The Soluble Form.

Prussian blue is a dark blue pigment with the idealized chemical formula Fe
7(CN)
18. To better understand the binding situation in this complex compound the formula can also be written as Fe
4[Fe(CN)
6]
3 · xH
2O. Another name for the color is Berlin blue or, in painting, Parisian or Paris blue. Turnbull's blue is the same substance, but is made from different reagents, and its slightly different color stems from different impurities.

Prussian blue was the first modern synthetic pigment. It is employed as a very fine colloidal dispersion, as the compound itself is not soluble in water. It is famously complex

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Where There Is A Will...There Is A Way!

Many Forum Members here are "Puzzled" in their beliefs that tunneling under water or even in a water filled environment was "Not Possible".

I believe that the Cornish Miners with all their expertise had a method to remedy this.

Like Marc Brunel who made his inventions profitable, these Cornish Miners on Oak Island were already using and making similar procedures "Possible".

Underwater Tunneling.png

In 1818, Marc Brunel, a French engineer, invented a device that enabled workers to tunnel under rivers without having mud and water ruin their efforts. His "tunnel shield" was a rectangular cast iron wall with dozens of small shutters. Workers opened the shutters one at a time and dug out a few inches of dirt. Then the whole shield was pushed forward using screw jacks. As the shield lurched ahead inches at a time, the workers behind it constructed a thick, brick lining that became the shell of the tunnel. It took nine years to finish a 1,200-foot passage below the Thames River in London-the first underwater tunnel in the world-but Brunel was knighted for his feat and engineers around the world began adopting his idea.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if one of those 20 ft diameter cast iron tunnel sleeves with shutters shows up on Oak Island we'll have our answer.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I am currently watching the only viable "reality Program on T.V. "Alaskan Bush People" the Brown's. At least on this program, they make progress every time.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many Forum Members here are "Puzzled" in their beliefs that tunneling under water or even in a water filled environment was "Not Possible".

I believe that the Cornish Miners with all their expertise had a method to remedy this.

Like Marc Brunel who made his inventions profitable, these Cornish Miners on Oak Island were already using and making similar procedures "Possible".

View attachment 1403877

[FONT=&]In 1818, Marc Brunel, a French engineer, invented a device that enabled workers to tunnel under rivers without having mud and water ruin their efforts. His "tunnel shield" was a rectangular cast iron wall with dozens of small shutters. Workers opened the shutters one at a time and dug out a few inches of dirt. Then the whole shield was pushed forward using screw jacks. As the shield lurched ahead inches at a time, the workers behind it constructed a thick, brick lining that became the shell of the tunnel. It took nine years to finish a 1,200-foot passage below the Thames River in London-the first underwater tunnel in the world-but Brunel was knighted for his feat and engineers around the world began adopting his idea.[/FONT]

That is pretty sweet! Never see that before. I will have to go look up more info on that. Thanks!

petunia

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they say at one point that some mining (fools gold) was done on the island? That would account for any tunnels. But actually, they haven't really found any tunnels yet, just caverns filled with water & silt.

I agree with the two comments. I believe the story and the pirates dug tunnels so others can not dig it up. Wait until next week.

petunia

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. There are so many wild conjectures and myths floating around about Oak Island 'treasure'. From the Holy Grail (myth) and Ark of the Covenant, to pirate booty and all the rest of the wild stories. People have been on that island for a long time, they came and went. Of course there will be evidence like lost coins, chain, wood planks etc. I can't stand it when they always refer to treasure tunnels, treasure chests, treasure vaults say 'mysterious' all the time. Stay tuned for the next episode...will they find....blah blah. And they find...nothing. Lot's of cash put out to dig and dig and dig. And dive. And still..nothing. They need to get over 10x. All this for a myth and legends, while (well meaning) people come out of the woodwork with their crackpot theories of what is on the island and where and how to find it.

All of the Oak Island stories are just that a story. It is a story for treasure hunters to get media interested to fund their projects then they up and run searching for real treasure. There is no treasure at Oak Island and there never was. The trip by Henry Sinclair never happened. His Admiral was in jail at the time of the voyage. Never happened just wishful thinking and wishful research. Show proof of this actually happened it is all guessing or conjecture. Never happened. Just like the Newport, R.I. Tower. It was not built by Templars with the Vikings. It was made of wood in 1675 and Benedict Arnold's grandfather had it built out of stone in 1676. No Templars therefore no Templar's Treasure and no treasure on Oak Island.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't they say at one point that some mining (fools gold) was done on the island? That would account for any tunnels. But actually, they haven't really found any tunnels yet, just caverns filled with water & silt.

Yea, they had Rick on the beach with a detector guy and they were pointing to a section of the beach that was rusty looking I believe. I think Hensky was there too. Told a tale of someone bringing tons of fools gold back to Spain or something like that.

I cant believe that you dont believe that Arc and Holy Grail are NOT there. They narrator mentions it so much you have to assume it is fact!

Personally I rule those two items out as Indiana Jones has already found them. Its gotta be something else!:laughing7:

OP
OP
R

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is now more about spin-offs then what it was really meant to be. This tells me that a milking is going on right now just to keep it on the television. They are spending more and more time chasing wild stories off island then showing us the digging work. I will stick to what I started this post about. There is no way in the world that anyone back then could ever dig that deep to bury something! They are spending millions to get that deep and we are to believe that some knights Templar dug that deep with a wooden shovel. No chance. I am tired of hearing how amazing and mysterious the Knights Templar was. They play them up like they were Jedi or something. I really like the brothers but this wild fantasy is just about over.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
You should read the book De Re Metallica written in 1556. It explains a lot about ancient mining techniques

Howl

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should read the book De Re Metallica written in 1556. It explains a lot about ancient mining techniques

Is suspect the original money pit and a lot of the works done prior to 1750 were French/Acadian mines, probably small scale gold mines. The "well" at New Ross could possibly be the same thing. Most records for that period were destroyed either by the English or by the French revolution, but Fort Sainte Marie de Grace built in 1632 at LaHave just 20km to the south east was a French fort and for a short while was the administrative capital of Acadia. The French are known to have been actively looking for gold in Acadia and there was a modern gold mine on the Gold River from 1889 to 1940. Geologically Oak Island is at the mouth of the Gold River and would be where any precious metals from further north would be dumped by the glaciers and glacial rivers. The "box drains" and coconut fibers could have been used for sieving gold. I think it's possible French prospectors found gold or other precious metal on Oak Island and built the tunnels and shafts to get at it. Those tunnels may or may not have been used later for other things by other people.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Those Who State...They Could Not Have Dug That Deep And The Treasure Won't Be Found!

Cannot be done.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread