CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been playing with the notch feature on the D2. One of the big issues I had with the Deus 1 was the great tones I would get on small pieces of tin from decomposed cans. The Deus 2 is less susceptible to the false identification but the pieces clutter up the sound in my old sites. Watching other people use notch with great success I've started using it myself. I run the fast as the base program with discrim at 6.8 then notch from 7-50. I'm very happy with the results and investigate any tones that come through. Silencer at 1.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I never used to notch out anything. Recently however, I've started experimenting with notching 0-10, Disc 0, Iron Volume 0 for use on tourists beaches. I realize the notch at 0-10 and Disc at 0 is somewhat redundant for TIDs up to 10 but so far, I think I'm liking it. We don't really run into iron artifacts on our tourist beaches. If its iron on a tourist beach, it's junk. The treasure coast however, is a different story...wide open there since iron can be a nice artifact.

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never used to notch out anything. Recently however, I've started experimenting with notching 0-10, Disc 0, Iron Volume 0 for use on tourists beaches. I realize the notch at 0-10 and Disc at 0 is somewhat redundant for TIDs up to 10 but so far, I think I'm liking it. We don't really run into iron artifacts on our tourist beaches. If it's iron on a tourist beach, it's junk. The treasure coast however, is a different story...wide open there since iron can be a nice artifact.
This is my western ghost town setting. I have the possibility of missing small gold items that I've never found hunting these sites(rings). It leaves open the majority of coin and artifact VDI. I really want to find the gold coins which the VDI is around 60 and up. Some people are notching for nickels and silver. Everything between 65-82 is gone. (Silver slayer)

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
On short after work hunts, I am notching to 80. Silver count is way up. Good for silver between 4 to 8" without ground loss or pulling down of the VDI. Do not have very polluted sits at my location and the ground is a mix of sand and dirt. Very mild.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very similar here also hunting sites back to 1870’s…disc at 7.0 and notch 7-58. If I don’t want to deal with the garbage a certain day, notch to 80. Coming from 6 straight years with the CTX nonstop hunting, this D2 is just about doing something impossible.…finding substantially more copper and silver. I am beyond impressed, needless to say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread