Nothing But Compliments Today Water Detecting Using The AT MAX (another 2 rings)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Real hot today! Got up at 06:00, ate, and packed my AT MAX which has been finding many rings this summer. Hit the lake and was in the water at 09:15. I brought along my floating "sand sifter" to speed things up getting out my targets in the sand in the long handled water scoop. It also allows me to collect a lot of junk, like old pop cans and bottles. When families saw what was in my floating sifter, they were very thankful and never held back saying so.

Here's 2 rings I found. One was metal (?) and the other was a headless angel, made of pewter. I also got a small earring and a cool copper medallion, attached to a thin chain, still intact.

As you can see......my floating sifter was full. Good PR for all of us.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you show your sifter in detail I am interested in making one.Definitely great P.R. for our hobby.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, I use an AT as well.
Love the sand sifter I don't go to the beach without it, here is my design. Just .25 smoked plexiglas with a bunch of holes drilled in it zip tied to PVC pipes stuffed with foam for added buoyancy. I use a surf board tether and strap it to my ankle, follows me around until I need it. Great time safer, just dump the scoop and move on ,, Also as you say, good for temporarily storing bulk junk items.
Luckily I have a CNC machine so drilling holes was easy, but could be done easily enough by hand I suppose. Does attract attention, kids love it and beg to borrow it, a really handy tool for us waders. I'm thinking of making another one but can't really think of any improvements, which is rare for me. Would be nice to find something a little lighter than .25 plexi but you need something fairly robust, easy to drill and non metallic.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Pretty simple actually. Get a Garrett classifier, wrap 2 layers of water spaghetti around it, run a thin rope through the center, Secure with ti-wraps and tarp tape. Make sure you tie a small tether rope from the plastic Garrett screen to the water spaghetti in case it gets away on you. I often time attach a large 2 litre water bottle on the sifter to keep hydrated when hunting.

Good luck!

classifier d.jpg

26b.jpg

Last edited:

Darewsta

May 1, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I like both versions.....I will be constructing me one of these!
Great Finds!......detecting in the water on a hot day is a lot of fun! We enjoy it!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty simple actually. Get a Garrett classifier, wrap 2 layers of water spaghetti around it, run a thin rope through the center, Secure with ti-wraps and tarp tape. Make sure you tie a small tether rope from the plastic Garrett screen to the water spaghetti in case it gets away on you. I often time attach a large 2 litre water bottle on the sifter to keep hydrated when hunting.

Good luck!

View attachment 1857126

View attachment 1857127

That is exactly what I had in my mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread