🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays weather was absolutely amazing so I had to get out even though I have nightshift tonight and will be going to work without sleep:tongue3:. Drove 20 miles from home and finally spotted the homeowner at this house ive been dying to hit and of course its been hit before by 2 different people. the house was built in 1865 and has gigantic front back and side yards surrounding it. This site was hit pretty hard according to the owner and for some reason there was about a bazillion aluminum nails everywhere at this site. managed some awesome keepers though, I got 2 relics from Lehigh valley railroad, (lead seal & some hunk of lead with LVRR on it), some brass ball with initials on it, a beat spoon, some ornate strip of copper, a buckle, suspender clip, and what looks like a part of a bell. Plus the usual clad and last but not least a small tribe of Indians!:headbang: 1887, 1900, and 1907. Plus a 1923 Merc!, I thought with the Indians that the silver would've been a barber:dontknow:, oh well ill get there someday! plus a 1953 wheat and a Franklin D Roosevelt 1 cent play coin, never seen one of these before, also dug about 93 lbs of scrap tin, brass, copper, aluminum nails, and beavertail pulltabs. So much for being hit, thanks to the guy who left these behind! HH!! 324.jpg SAM_0673.JPG SAM_0675.JPG SAM_0679.JPG SAM_0681.JPG

Upvote 13

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Darn nice hunt right there!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Wonder what the ball thing with initials is?

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow, just goes to show I'm giving up too easy

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds, Cjon. If those aluminum nails have big heads and are short, they are roofing nails. Someone probably replaced the roof and didn't use a tarp to catch the refuse of the old roof being torn off. Now I HAVE to go back to that old bank I went to last week. The elderly owner's home was a hotel with bar back in the day. She said 2 fellows detected the yard many years ago and found lots of coins from the bar to the double outhouses.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She said 2 fellows detected the yard many years ago and found lots of coins from the bar to the double outhouses.

Probly stumbled to the outhouse all drunk n fell down emptying their pockets!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you made some great digs. seen a few of those Roosevelt play money coins posted before, but have never dug one myself. Being that they were produced during the depression, it's really hard picturing anyone spending real money to buy these for their child to play with. I would imagine that it would be something that only the more well-to-do kids would have.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. Like I told her "When you're in a hurry, you can't be troubled with finding things dropped in the dark" lol. I think I found Whad's Blingie a playmate. Do lizards and goldfish get along? I think I will name her LC ( Little Coi ) lol. Maybe she will bring me luck with the coppers!
9uty9una.jpg

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you made some great digs. seen a few of those Roosevelt play money coins posted before, but have never dug one myself. Being that they were produced during the depression, it's really hard picturing anyone spending real money to buy these for their child to play with. I would imagine that it would be something that only the more well-to-do kids would have.
Makes sense, the home owner told me history of the house it is a5 bedroom and it has 2 bedrooms for the maids that used to be there in the early 1900s, very prominent ppl lived there back in the day, I just wish I was the first to detect it, darn cherry pickers

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Like I told her "When you're in a hurry, you can't be troubled with finding things dropped in the dark" lol. I think I found Whad's Blingie a playmate. Do lizards and goldfish get along? I think I will name her LC ( Little Coi ) lol. Maybe she will bring me luck with the coppers

Lol now I need a mascot!, im gonna make a lifesize beaver outta all my beavertail pulltabs lol

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ball looking thing with the initials really looks familiar to me. Not sure where I've seen it before though.

Excellent finds!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!! I found one of those Roosevelt tokens the other day, but has him looking to the left DSC04962.JPG

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT