Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey All,

Was curious if anyone has a VDI List for the Equinox 600. I’m specifically looking for VDI numbers for colonial coins and silver.

Thanks,
Ben
The numbers would be easily obtained with a little effort.

Take an old copper and a silver wave the coil over them-and that will give you the #'s.

Bury each one and try again to see if the #'s change.

Remember that there are so many factors in real conditions that can change the #'s that it's only a guide.

Seen many posts over the years stating that the meter stated gold and it was can shred or some other metal.

There's no short cuts/magic bullet in finding items as what you want-you have to put the time in on the machine, research, and dig.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All,

Was curious if anyone has a VDI List for the Equinox 600. I’m specifically looking for VDI numbers for colonial coins and silver.

Thanks,
Ben
31 on my big pieces of eight here in the salty sands of the keys.....twice I saw 31 on 2 separate treasure coins !! Also had 18 and 19 on gold coins !!

OP
OP
B

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The numbers would be easily obtained with a little effort.

Take an old copper and a silver wave the coil over them-and that will give you the #'s.

Bury each one and try again to see if the #'s change.

Remember that there are so many factors in real conditions that can change the #'s that it's only a guide.

Seen many posts over the years stating that the meter stated gold and it was can shred or some other metal.

There's no short cuts/magic bullet in finding items as what you want-you have to put the time in on the machine, research, and dig.
Thank you! The only reason I asked is my new permission doesn’t want me digging every target and messing up their lawns. Better then telling me to get lost I guess LOL.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickles 12 to 14 usually a 13

$2.5 Gold coin 15 to 16

Indian head penny 18 to 19

Silver dime 27 to 29

Silver quarter 30 to 32

Silver half 34 to 36

Large cents 27 to 30

These are from memory from my personal finds with my nox 800. It's the same for the 600. I've seen a master list somewhere on Google before. But as stated previously the numbers will very based on soil conditions and other junk near the target.

Good luck out there.

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From googling "nox 600 vdi numbers":
EQUINOXVDI.jpg.bdc0d59af1aa4737709ac49ebb256ec3.jpg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main problem with these lists is that they only show VDI for good targets. There are more junk targets that will give the same VDI than there are good targets. Lead and aluminum will give the same VDI as gold objects, there is a ton of scrap copper and brass in the ground that will VDI the same as coins, and any larger object, even if Iron or aluminum can VDI just like silver. There are many more nuances that can be heard with audio that VDI cannot tell you. Many or most veteran detector users will prefer what the audio tells them over what the VDI tells them.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Just start with the gravy signals and, very important, learn to dig a target and leave no trace of ground disturbance after retrieval.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread