Nox 900 wired audio output is louder

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one point I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere yet, in regards to the audio output level of the new Nox 900. It's definitely a few notches louder than the 800's were, using the same wired headphones to check. Also, it seems a tad louder than the manticore's output level, but only tried the default search mode setups. Just thought I'd mention it, as it was somewhat of an issue while using 800's underwater/diving for me.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a kind of related question. Yesterday I tried the Depth(dP) tone setting. Threw a couple of coins on the ground, and a high pitch sharp load tone came thru. Is a one pitch normal, it sounded what I would have expected in a Prospecting mode. Now granted, I only have like 3 hours with this machine which of course is nothing, but do any of you fella's use the depth setting in tones? Otherwise, I'm just dandy with the Multi tone. It would seem as though I am trying to piggyback on rc2125's post, but they are audio related, so it seemed to be a good place to ask. Am I missing something? It is the operator?

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The depth audio theme is similar sounding to prospecting/gold mode, louder by signal strength/depth of nonferrous targets. Just a matter of sounds preference if ya like it or not.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, think I got it, I was on All tones, expecting the depth to work in a same way, but I know what to expect now, and I'll try some things with it. Thanks rc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread