South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 600 had been having issues charging over the last couple weeks. Sometimes on an overnight charge only shows 1 or 2 bars by morning, then earlier this week it would not charge or complete the start up spinning cycle, dead.

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

Hooked up a small portable usb charger and it runs fine. Guess it?s time to buy a new battery. My Nox is past it?s warranty.

Here are the results from a rehit of a cellar we found last weekend. Crazy amount of Buffs coming out of here, 4 last weekend as well.

IMG_1783.jpg
Here is the rest of the roundness with one shiny coin edge revealing itself.
IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

A few relics.

IMG_1787.jpg

And of course W PA is littered with old spoons.

IMG_1788.jpg

Good luck out there!

Upvote 20

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice handful of coins and relics Thad. Sorry you are having problems with your Nox. As I recall, this is not the first problem you've had. This is a little concerning to me as I plan to buy either a 600 or 800 in the coming months.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
About that video. I understand that the 4 screws can easily be over tightened upon re-assembly, and the brass threaded inserts can be pulled out and dislodged, causing leaks. The video leaves that out. Had I simply used the video, I'd likely put more foot pounds into tightening, as a general practice. Just a friendly warning...

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice handful of coins and relics Thad. Sorry you are having problems with your Nox. As I recall, this is not the first problem you've had. This is a little concerning to me as I plan to buy either a 600 or 800 in the coming months.

Thx Steve. I had to send my Nox in twice during my first year, one with an issue with the coil and one with the head unit. They replaced both pieces. No issues with the replacement parts until the battery now. I?m not sure how much stuff the Nox will sniff out that your Deus missed, my guess is not much. But it would be fun to rehit your sites with a different detector nonetheless.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Steve. I had to send my Nox in twice during my first year, one with an issue with the coil and one with the head unit. They replaced both pieces. No issues with the replacement parts until the battery now. I?m not sure how much stuff the Nox will sniff out that your Deus missed, my guess is not much. But it would be fun to rehit your sites with a different detector nonetheless.
Well, I plan to find out what the Nox can find that the Deus couldn't. I remember when we were at your GW Button site we compared machines on a target. You said it was gonna be a button. I couldn't hear it with the Deus. It turned out to be a button.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice assortment of finds!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Another nice haul Thad.

Nice to see the battery issue is a cheap fix.

Hope to get some hunting in with you guys over the fall season.

Jer

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Dues is better in the iron and in certain locations in my opinion.

The Deus however will not find the amount of silver and or old coins these machines sniff out.

And in high trash areas forget about it.

I'm sure Dues users will chime in and tell me differently. But I've tested them all for lots of hrs and these are my results.

I've pulled 245 silvers in the last 21 months with the Nox 600.

Jer

XMRKSpot!

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2021
W. Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my 3rd year on my Nox 800. I’m just now starting to have issues. These are self-inflicted problems tho. I am very rough on my machine. I’m in the Davis Mountains in Texas dragging it thru Hades and back. Dropping it from a 15’ cliff, leaving it in a truck in the Texas summers at over 130* and now its starting to have the same problem charging that you are. All I can say is my machine gets used a minimum of 1- hour a day. Some days I start at dayLight and do not stop until late nights. However, its used EVERYDAY, 7/ days a week. It’s a BOSS! It’s paid for itself 100x’s over. I honestly think it’s the best $ I have ever spent.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 600 had been having issues charging over the last couple weeks. Sometimes on an overnight charge only shows 1 or 2 bars by morning, then earlier this week it would not charge or complete the start up spinning cycle, dead.

View attachment 1947005
View attachment 1947006

Hooked up a small portable usb charger and it runs fine. Guess it?s time to buy a new battery. My Nox is past it?s warranty.

Here are the results from a rehit of a cellar we found last weekend. Crazy amount of Buffs coming out of here, 4 last weekend as well.

View attachment 1947007
Here is the rest of the roundness with one shiny coin edge revealing itself.
View attachment 1947010

View attachment 1947008

A few relics.

View attachment 1947009

And of course W PA is littered with old spoons.

View attachment 1947011

Good luck out there!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread