Nox Week Two - 3 Silvers, Canadian Cent Trifecta, Beautiful V Nickel

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all!

My work (teaching and consulting in data analytics) has come to a bit of a standstill. It’s not what I would choose but I’m trying to make the best of the situation. That means more metal detecting time! I’m still learning the Nox and am finding I really like it. It’s numbering system is more jumpy than the CTX but it seems to have better depth.

I’ve gotten out quite a bit this week so here’s a breakdown.

Tuesday

I had a little window of time before a thunderstorm and decided to go do some tests with the Nox and try to learn the signals. The highlight was a semi-key date 1922 King George V Canadian Cent.

F149A954-D3A1-42CB-A008-E3937D675C34.jpg
2F86AAF7-EDAA-45F7-83D6-FF1DBEBF7FA9.jpg

Wednesday

I struck out at a promising looking beach and decided to try a little spot on my way home. One of my first few signals was the 1905 V nickel. Man was this baby deep! At least 8” deep and it rang up clear as a bell. Incredible!

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Thursday

I went over an hour each way to a beach where I found a Seated half in the fall. Detected for 3 hours and only got 2 total coins; both clad dimes. No pics of those!

Friday

Got out for a bit yesterday and things started slow. However, they picked up quickly and before the freezing rain drove me off I had some nice finds! I got a Canadian cent trifecta (32, 40, 58) and a 43-S Merc.

Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_1972.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Saturday (Today)

Had another good morning. I had several sites in mind but just got tired and ran out of energy after the first. However, I had a pretty awesome morning overall! A 1936 Washington, 53-S Rosie, another KGVI Canadian cent, some wheats, and some cool relics!

324B81CB-481B-46F7-BB65-5735C03E75CB.jpg 924E65E2-99A9-47C5-B7B8-0A62633B37E6.jpg
CB403E77-3209-4743-9967-01B804D720EE.jpg
B819086F-9BA9-4796-8907-673D601E7207.jpg

Today’s hunt put me over 200 wheats FTY and at 30 silver coins FTY.

Thanks for bearing with the long post. Usually I’d break them up but I just didn’t get around to it this week. It’s looking like next week I’m going to have more detecting time. Haha. Could be a big month.

Good luck and please stay safe everyone!
-W

Upvote 18

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! You’re taking right to the Nox:)

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, nice to see some shiny silvers in the bunch!:tongue3: I have found Indians and wheats at 10" plus, many Mercs at 7-8" this machine really locks onto a target, I don`t chase iffy signals with it as they are almost always iron or nails.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really enjoy reading your posts...have been for some time as I am from Seattle...your name Washingtonian caught my eye...

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You had a great weekend, congrats on all those beautiful silvers! :occasion14:

Love the look of this State of Washington Tax Token too.

Dave

Attachments

• Adjustments01-crop.jpg
    Adjustments01-crop.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! You’re taking right to the Nox:)

Thanks Randy. Heck yeah! I'm liking it for sure.

Nice finds, nice to see some shiny silvers in the bunch!:tongue3: I have found Indians and wheats at 10" plus, many Mercs at 7-8" this machine really locks onto a target, I don`t chase iffy signals with it as they are almost always iron or nails.

I've heard that before. The depth is really impressive. Thanks for chiming in!

Awesome hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Thank you my friend!

Productive week! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah! Let's hope I can do it again lol. Thank you!

Wash, your on a roll, the only good thing about the virus is it doesn't stop us.... social distancing is not a problem... Basss

Exactly. Thanks Basss. Always enjoy hearing from you. You're a legend! :)

Really enjoy reading your posts...have been for some time as I am from Seattle...your name Washingtonian caught my eye...

Sweet! Always love hearing from locals. Good luck out there and thanks for reading and commenting!

You had a great weekend, congrats on all those beautiful silvers! :occasion14:

Love the look of this State of Washington Tax Token too.

Dave

Thank you! Those tokens are littered all over the place here haha. Come hunt out here sometime, you'll see what I mean. Keep up the good work!

A real nice bunch of finds - congrats !

Thanks so much!

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the long posts, I can see a week's worth of your finds easier this way. I don't think I'll ever dig a Canadian Penny Trifecta. I had US 1 cent Quadfecta earlier in the year (LC, FE, Indian, and Wheatie) but the dirt bit them too hard to post. Keep tearing it up, looking forward to your future posts!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are long suffering....an hour each way...I notice you pick up Canadian coins...traveling north perhaps? Love the tokens you pick up as well.
.they are other timely.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you! Those tokens are littered all over the place here haha. Come hunt out here sometime, you'll see what I mean. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for your kind words my friend. :hello:
Hard times tokens are rare as hens teeth here in Ontario, as we never produced 'tax tokens'. You guys in the US are fortunate to have such a wide variety of coins to find that we just don't see here north of the border.

I've discovered that 'tumbling' works very well to clean the environmental damage from the surface of these aluminum tokens. I don't know whether this token has much collector value in the condition that it's in, but if you wanted to mail me a few of these tokens, I'll do my best to clean them up for you and at least make them more presentable. :thumbsup:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread