Nox800 settings for Southern Arizona

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Factory settings are the best, imo. Especially if you have no time in with the machine.
Watcha lookin' for? Natural gold or are you a coinshooter?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the limited parameters you gave, there's no way to tell what the exact settings should be. It will depend on the target(s) you're looking for, the ground mineralization, amount and type of trash, EMI, etc. As mentioned, start with a stock mode for the type of hunting you plan to do, and tweak it to better cope with the venue as you get experience with the machine.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to Southern Arizona with a new Nox800. Could anyone shoot me their favorite settings for field,park, and gold for Southern Arizona?
What part of AZ. Each area is a little different, I'm in Tucson and in most parks I could not set the sensitivity past 16, If I used it for prospecting It was between 12-15. some areas where I prospect the nox stayed in the truck it cannot handle the basalt, barley handles the other minerals found in the desert. Many clubs here, find one near you and talk to the members

OP
OP
R

Rondog 999

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of AZ. Each area is a little different, I'm in Tucson and in most parks I could not set the sensitivity past 16, If I used it for prospecting It was between 12-15. some areas where I prospect the nox stayed in the truck it cannot handle the basalt, barley handles the other minerals found in the desert. Many clubs here, find one near you and talk to the members
Thank You bc5391 I'm going to keep that in mind

OP
OP
R

Rondog 999

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory settings are the best, imo. Especially if you have no time in with the machine.
Watcha lookin' for? Natural gold or are you a coinshooter?
Thanks xr7ator I just retired to here from Indiana and I figured that with those settings is why I've been getting poor results. I really like to go for those and relics

OP
OP
R

Rondog 999

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the limited parameters you gave, there's no way to tell what the exact settings should be. It will depend on the target(s) you're looking for, the ground mineralization, amount and type of trash, EMI, etc. As mentioned, start with a stock mode for the type of hunting you plan to do, and tweak it to better cope with the venue as you get experience with the machine.
Thanks for the advice cudamark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions