NWI

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I have never detected in elkhart are there some good spots? I usually go to michigan or south. I will get with you in a couple weeks after my vacation and we will find some spots

LadyoftheLake

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2013
Lake Michigan shore, Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a note -- remember that most of better the Lake Michigan beaches in Indiana are National Lakeshore, and metal detecting isn't allowed. Ticketing does happen, and the rangers are empowered to confiscate detectors, as well. So stay clear of most of the big lake.

Also Theakiki, love the name -- I love the Kankakee.

Last edited:

taorob

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2012
Bought new detector! Anyone in NWI area want to start a club and hunt when weather permits?

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AnthraxBird

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of you guys still active? I haven't bought a detector yet, but i'm looking at a few. Any of you guys know of / have any older used models, or any advice for a new detector? I was either looking at the Ace 250 or Fisher F2. I'm in Dyer, btw.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Illinois 20 minutes from the border, anyone out that way looking to hunt? Not many areas around me left to hunt, most are off limits.

Fisher25751

Aug 29, 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M-6, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sonofagigger, I live in Elkhart we should hook up some time and do some detecting. I don't see to many people up here that often but when I have I didn't have time to stop and talk to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread