Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally find J.Steeles explanation that it is remnants of a Naval Stores operation as the most plausible explaiantion of what has been found on OI.
J Steele's book goes a long way to explain strange things discovered but doesn't explain the wooden timber frames from 1740, found in place 100 feet below the surface. They are not scattered sticks as though cast off from a clamshell digger.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your opinion on wooden timber frames dated 1740, found 100 feet beneath the surface?
When massive excavations such as Dunfield‘s occur, stuff falls in.

Dunfield debunked both the money pit and flood tunnel fairy tales.

1561DAA4-6A43-4B50-B964-64AA5416E76C.png

91D5EE04-F205-408C-A370-8F8011D3F648.jpeg

7E70BAF8-5D93-4541-A45D-B6D860864EDE.png

And no, the laginas did not discover the wharf timber in Smith’s Cove, it was Dunfield.

730AF3FD-BB6C-4452-97D7-12C02039A026.jpeg

Last edited:

Brit80

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When massive excavations such as Dunfield‘s occur, stuff falls in.

Dunfield debunked both the money pit and flood tunnel fairy tales.

View attachment 2062128
View attachment 2062130
View attachment 2062131
And no, the laginas did not discover the wharf timber in Smith’s Cove, it was Dunfield.

View attachment 2062132

But Dunfield's hole was nowhere near where they recently found 1740 wood?

And even if what you said was true, why would Dunfield have 1740 wood lying around?

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But Dunfield's hole was nowhere near where they recently found 1740 wood?

And even if what you said was true, why would Dunfield have 1740 wood lying around?
They continually find wood in holes on the island from many previous hoaxer’s digs. The Dunfield illustration above demonstrates how that happens with so many attempts to find the fictional treasure.

This thread is for presenting factual evidence of a treasure or any of the other fictional tales about the island.

After two hundred years of digging, no one has been able to post any evidence.

Do your research and read thru all of the hoax island threads here. You will see a pattern form.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J Steele's book goes a long way to explain strange things discovered but doesn't explain the wooden timber frames from 1740, found in place 100 feet below the surface. They are not scattered sticks as though cast off from a clamshell digger.
My view.. The wood could of come from any parts/remnants of the structures in Smiths Cove from the naval store operations/other industry that built the structures in Smiths Cove used by the treasure hunters as bracing timbers (or left over from other structures from the same/similar time) repurposed is a plausible explanation that could easily explain those timbers from the claimed levels.

Brit80

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They continually find wood in holes on the island from many previous hoaxer’s digs. The Dunfield illustration above demonstrates how that happens with so many attempts to find the fictional treasure.

This thread is for presenting factual evidence of a treasure or any of the other fictional tales about the island.

After two hundred years of digging, no one has been able to post any evidence.

Do your research and read thru all of the hoax island threads here. You will see a pattern form.
But you have no interest in factual evidence, do you?

Be honest. It's plain to see you have an agenda. Otherwise why would you respond to my points with such a...........explanation?

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The factual evidence was shown in previous post showing actual digs which debunk fictional TV show storyline.

908 posts yet all those who claim fantastical tales of treasure on hoax island still cannot produce any evidence.

Brit80

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The factual evidence was shown in previous post showing actual digs which debunk fictional TV show storyline.

908 posts yet all those who claim fantastical tales of treasure on hoax island still cannot produce any evidence.
I fell off my chair laughing you think a piece of wood from 1760 fell down a hole and then got found by the Laginas.

But this 1760 wood isn't from 1760 because nothing happened on Oak Island in 1760, right?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Singlestack, this is the Oak Island Forum, you have expressed your opinion that it is a hoax hundreds of times, please move on and let the other members who believe discuss it.....Thanks

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I created the thread to allow for folks to post their factual evidence about the island.

To date, no one has provided any.

When hearsay or known false stories are posted I post evidence to the contrary.

The island's fictional treasure has been used by hoaxers throughout the years to fleece investors out of money.

Now I am being asked to no longer post in the thread I created asking for evidence and calling out hoaxers who post proven non-evidence.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I created the thread to allow for folks to post their factual evidence about the island.

To date, no one has provided any.

When hearsay or known false stories are posted I post evidence to the contrary.

The island's fictional treasure has been used by hoaxers thru out the years.

Now I am being asked to no longer post in the thread I created asking for evidence and calling out hoaxers who post proven non-evidence.

This is the Oak Island Forum, your posts makes it obvious you do not believe in the legend by constantly calling it Hoax Island, there are plenty of other forums to post on.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fell off my chair laughing you think a piece of wood from 1760 fell down a hole and then got found by the Laginas.

But this 1760 wood isn't from 1760 because nothing happened on Oak Island in 1760, right?
There are remnants of wood all over the island dating back hundreds of years. When folks dig holes sometimes thing fall down holes or old lumber is used to be support for tunnels.

To be clear, the island has experienced common human habitation and activity for hundreds of years. Finding a common piece of wood, iron, etc. on the island doesn't mean it is tied to a fantastical treasure.

The "mysterious log structures" found in smiths cove by the lagina's were previously found many years ago by others (Dunfield being one) and were found to be common wharf structures. The laginas re-dig them up and somehow they become templar related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions