DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to straighten out one particular bit of conjecture that makes me cringe every time I hear/read it:
The lead cross Drayton found a couple years ago is repeatedly referred to as being "incredibly old", or "from the 14th Century". RUBBISH. All that was FACTUALLY determined was that it likely came from a lead mine in France that first began being mined in the 14th Century - and continued being used until the 19th Century. And yes, various countries DID trade materials including lead, so finding an artifact made of "French lead" does NOT conclusively indicate the articaft came from France. This would explain why the cross and the stained glass framework fragments would have the same composition, indicating both lead specimens came from the same mine -but does not DATE the objects at all.

On a parallel (but unrelated ) note: The 17th Century was the "Golden Age" of Dutch Colonization and trade. For a time, they were the world leaders in shipping and trade. They built THOUSANDS of ships, more than all the rest of Europe COMBINED, to carry goods (and slaves, I'm sorry to say) to and from Indonesia, Africa, Brazil, Ceylon, and North America.
However VERY LITTLE of the wood used to build these ships originated in the Netherlands which is NOT known for having vast forests. Some came from Saxony and Bavaria, much came from Scandinavia. Much tropical hardwood from Asia was used for mouldings and fixtures aboard the ships. The wreckage of East Indiaman Batavia, which was driven onto a reef off the west coast of Australia in 1629, was found in 1963. Examination of the wood from the wreckage shows that nearly all of it came from Saxony (eastern Germany), and a small amount from Denmark and Norway...so, using the "Lagina Process of Determination", this was a ship of Saxony, a (landlocked) province of the Holy Roman Empire.
(The Netherlands split from the H.R.E. in 1568, sparking the 80 Years War). The FACT is, the East India Company IMPORTED the ship's materials from OUTSIDE the Netherlands, and built the ship in Amsterdam in 1628 - so she was a Dutch ship.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Can we all at least agree to choke the narrator ? We watch it every week purely for the entertainment value but that guy is extremely annoying. "A mysterious rusty nail ? Could it be one of the nails from the crucifiction of Christ?" Good lord shut that guy up. Between him repeating everything and all the commercials if you remove all that rubbish it's a 10 minute long show every week. But to stay on track I'll add my theory I've had since the show began and the newly found stone road and evidence of shipping only supports my theory. So let's say there are actually tunnels there underground. And shipping took place regularly. They didn't build a complicated road to go there once, bury treasure and leave. I think there were mines there and they were taking valuable ore out and shipping it to their home country, NOT putting valuable things in the ground.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With holes hitting water at shallow depths, mining on hoax island was very unlikely.

About as likely as the fictional tales told by some here that the templars crossed the Atlantic and came to hoax island.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
864 posts and still not one piece of evidence showing that anything other than common human habitation occurred on hoax island.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fail to mention that

Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information​

They have proven that no treasure is buried in the Money Pit area of OI. That is a Fact and 100% proven...

take-bow-13026234.jpg

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fail to mention that

Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information​

They have proven that no treasure is buried in the Money Pit area of OI. That is a Fact and 100% proven...

View attachment 2015767
You must know very well that this is not a proven fact. It seems highly likely, and I imagine it’s the case, but it’s not “100% proven”. In fact, it can’t be proven, it can only be proven to be false.

Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence. That’s one reason they continue to dig. What other reason they have is anybody’s guess - probably to keep CoOI going for as long as financially viable.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must know very well that this is not a proven fact.
Totally disagree.. They have drilled and dug the whole area with small, medium, large and super large holes... NO EVIDENCE of treasure has been found. Therefore it is PROVEN that no massive treasure hoard is buried in the money pit area.

If someone says there is treasure buried in a spot and that spot is completely dug up with no treasure or evidence of treasure is found this proves that there is no treasure there..

What are you are implying is that the "massive treasure hoard" has been able to move around and avoid every drilled hole....

You argument implies that if anyone says a treasure is buried anywhere it means the claim remains impossible to prove false.. Even when the whole area is dug up. That is a ludicrous argument...

A claim without and validity or evidence is false unless shown otherwise... On top of this the claim has been tested by the whole area being dug and drilled. The results of the test prove the claim false...

That how science works. Anything else is just a snake oil salesman making stuff up to make money...

snake.jpg

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a list of "true" stories and since they cannot proven false they MUST still have a possibility of being 100% true...

fake.png

that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
noun: the truth
demonstrated by evidence or argument to be true or existing.
adjective: proven

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must know very well that this is not a proven fact. It seems highly likely, and I imagine it’s the case, but it’s not “100% proven”. In fact, it can’t be proven, it can only be proven to be false.

Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence. That’s one reason they continue to dig. What other reason they have is anybody’s guess - probably to keep CoOI going for as long as financially viable.
But I agree you are perfectly entitled to believe there is still "a chance" a massive treasure is buried in the Money Pit area of Oak Island and they just have missed it (and all evidence of it) with every single hole they and everyone else has dug in the 30 or so square foot of area...

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since there is just as much "evidence" of there being a "massive treasure" on Oak Island as there is there being one in my back yard, perhaps I can arrange with the Laginas to start a 10-season contract (paid in advance, of course) about the "Curse of Dave's Back Yard" after Oak Island is milked dry... Just testing my metal detector there, I have found rose-headed spikes, square nails, horse shoes (sorry no ox shoes) several silver coins, and many scraps of metal that *could be* the metal corners of a trunk or chest - a treasure chest, of course! (My house lot was once a mechanic/blacksmith shop from the 1890s)

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the four years since this thread was originally posted, not one piece of evidence has ever been presented proving that any treasure has ever existed on hoax isalnd.

That’s what some would call a “clue”..

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the four years since this thread was originally posted, not one piece of evidence has ever been presented proving that any treasure has ever existed on hoax isalnd.

That’s what some would call a “clue”..
The best evidence of that (a non-existent treasure) was written at the very beginning, in the 1840s. When the local historian and literary figure Thomas C. Haliburton wrote that there was indeed something to this mystery, but that it was not what people assumed it was, he was pretty much telling people to get their heads out of their arses looking for a treasure. The mystery being repped at OI is real in the sense that it is pre-existing. He involves "that truest of pointers" originating in German Saxony as a "clue" to what he means. OI happens to be a place where insane travelling mysteries go to live for a while. In Haliburton's day the original suggestions were different than they would later become in the 1860s. Haliburton was highly skeptical of the involvement of NS Freemasons, and it is in their stories that he heard the echoes of older "mysteries". He also understood that what Masons were selling was a highly Christianized love letter to themselves. In many ways fitting OI in their Nova Scotia stories made sense, but only because it can be fit so well within the iconography and theosophy of the Holy Royal Arch narratives that are the core of fraternal Freemasonry. The best evidence of there being no treasure at OI is the fact that this mystery is described in the precursor stories as being impenetrable. You are supposed to go to your death to find the answer. It is why Haliburton wrote that men would die in shafts in Mahone Bay looking for things they could not even name. Why he could prophesize that and be right tis part of the real mystery. The moral here is that you can push men along certain directions if you lead them with the right suggestions. Belief sinks men.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next month on January 31st, this thread will be 5 years old.

Yet with all the fabulous claims about oak island, not one post with any actual evidence has ever been posted.

The laginas have done a great job at proving the fictional money pit is nothing but a 200+ year hoax.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next month on January 31st, this thread will be 5 years old.

Yet with all the fabulous claims about oak island, not one post with any actual evidence has ever been posted.

The laginas have done a great job at proving the fictional money pit is nothing but a 200+ year hoax.
I'm counting on you to keep us informed .....merry Christmas

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there was something buried there, but that whatever it was, it was removed long ago.
The laginas are removing the trash that was buried there for 200 years.

As far as a treasure ever been buried there….it’s all fairy tales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread