S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now back to the purpose of the thread….

885 posts and still not one piece of evidence ever posted proving any treasure ever existed on the island.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
”Just the facts Ma’am, just the facts”….

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost the Internet for a month (and telephone for 10 days - gotta love "the sticks") and switched providers. Did they find anything yet?

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That new copper piece they found looks interesting. Tribal or something.

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That new copper piece they found looks interesting. Tribal or something.
I don't know about that. I have boxes of such copper slaw from when I was detecting heavily. It doesn't look terribly old. Industrial age is my guess since the copper plate is so thin and decoratively embossed. Older stuff tends to be more substantive. Those who claim a gorget or some other military plate are seriously jumping the gun. Such an attribution would be pretty easy to make if you ask me. It looks like common detritus. Some of the nicer copper plated junk I have are early stove ornamentation. They can be quite nice. 999 times out of 1000 it's junk, and not some earthshattering theory proving evidence of what one might be fantasizing about. On OI much seems to be proof of something fantastical.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about that. I have boxes of such copper slaw from when I was detecting heavily. It doesn't look terribly old. Industrial age is my guess since the copper plate is so thin and decoratively embossed. Older stuff tends to be more substantive. Those who claim a gorget or some other military plate are seriously jumping the gun. Such an attribution would be pretty easy to make if you ask me. It looks like common detritus. Some of the nicer copper plated junk I have are early stove ornamentation. They can be quite nice. 999 times out of 1000 it's junk, and not some earthshattering theory proving evidence of what one might be fantasizing about. On OI much seems to be proof of something fantastical.
Makes sense.

I’m always fascinated by how quickly they jump to a conclusion about an item.

They make that blacksmith guy do it all the time lol

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime garwee finds a new “bobby dazzler“, a new storyline is started about age, how the object connects to the templars, European royalty, etc. and then they move on to a new storyline the next episode.

Brit80

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime garwee finds a new “bobby dazzler“, a new storyline is started about age, how the object connects to the templars, European royalty, etc. and then they move on to a new storyline the next episode.

What is your opinion on wooden timber frames dated 1740, found 100 feet beneath the surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread