Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Monkey Pit"

So i see no mention of the money the show generates and how much of that is spent on funding.

I hardly believe the brothers are paying for anything out of pocket.
Because if they do they need to check themselves... and get better accountants... agents... and everyone else around them.
And they really need to learn how to negotiate and not get bent over by those who pay nothing while raking in.

Ever hear of top rated / most watched / #1 show where the talent pays for the show ? ? ?

Nope... i did not think so.

So if they are paying out of pocket... they really are "silly". heh

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Monkey Pit"

So i see no mention of the money the show generates and how much of that is spent on funding.

I hardly believe the brothers are paying for anything out of pocket.
Because if they do they need better accountants... agents... and everyone else around them.
And they really need to learn how to negotiate and not get bent over.

Ever hear of top rated / most watched / #1 show where the talent pays for the show ? ? ?

Nope... i did not think so.
ARC has the straight of it. I neither know or care if there,s really treasure there,but the real treasure is in the endorsements and advertisements and sponsorship the show generates.If the Lagina,s can keep it going,more power to them but as soon as all the outside funding ceases,the show will cease too.

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick Lagina is a retired Post Office employee. Marty Lagina found an Oil and gas Exploration company and sold it for about $55 million. He now owns a vineyard and plays on Oak Island.
No oil... he is a "sustainable guy" it was natural gas and wind... and primarily wind focus. and it was sold for 58 million.

He currently is worth about 100.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost!
Another foot deeper is all.
Oak island was nothing more than a shipping port. The ring eyes were used to skid cargo DOWN to the ships. The foundation beside the road where they found the leather book strap was more than likely where the Kings rep tallied what came on / off the ships for the taxes. Think about it with out the blinders on. Ship docks to transfer cargo to another ship that won't be there for a month or so they put it in the ground. You think it just sits on the dock? The money pit was a warehouse not a treasure vault. Grab a copy of the book Two Years Before the Mast. It makes 100% sense! Oak Island was a shipping port. Why do the Linguini bros keep steering the narrative away from the Portuguese? Because it'd show it was nothing more than a common shipping port.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oak island was nothing more than a shipping port. The ring eyes were used to skid cargo DOWN to the ships. The foundation beside the road where they found the leather book strap was more than likely where the Kings rep tallied what came on / off the ships for the taxes. Think about it with out the blinders on. Ship docks to transfer cargo to another ship that won't be there for a month or so they put it in the ground. You think it just sits on the dock? The money pit was a warehouse not a treasure vault. Grab a copy of the book Two Years Before the Mast. It makes 100% sense! Oak Island was a shipping port. Why do the Linguini bros keep steering the narrative away from the Portuguese? Because it'd show it was nothing more than a common shipping port.
I'm hoping you didn't mistake my post for any sincere belief of treasure (or evidence of one) secreted well below ground on Oak Island.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was anything ever found at Oak Island I never watched the show?
That is what makes it such a great story. Not only have the Laginas found nothing in their 9 years and 130+ hour long shows.

NO ONE has ever found any evidence that a treasure was ever buried there... (With the possibility that some treasure was found by the original finders of the pit in the 1790s).

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what makes it such a great story. Not only have the Laginas found nothing in their 9 years and 130+ hour long shows.

NO ONE has ever found any evidence that a treasure was ever buried there... (With the possibility that some treasure was found by the original finders of the pit in the 1790s).
No one ever said how much was found by the original finders have they? Could've been just a pouch some sailor snuck away with & buried under a tree with a block & never got back to. Read Two years before the Mast his descriptions of common shipping ports fit Oak Island to a T. Way better than the templar narrative. Shakspers writings. Probably just a book one of the sailors was reading or trading.

OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 10 hasn't been officially announced but I think it is going to happen (November). Matty Blake was filming a digging down introduction on the Oak Island Causeway this morning.

Attachments

• 297433635_622454669243475_7476730637764399003_n (2).jpg
    297433635_622454669243475_7476730637764399003_n (2).jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 39

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread