All Treasure Hunting

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There have been claims for a while that people that work for the marketing arm of history channel/oak island TV show appear on social media to dry to drum up interest in their show/s. Does make you wonder...
Think what you want because I really don't care. :icon_biggrin:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So they only looked at the photo of the sword and never actually examined the sword in person? That's like someone looking a at photo of a hundred dollar bill to determine if it's a fake.
The same sword (not just similar - the very same object based on the stains and dents) was found to have been sold on the Italian version of ebaY a couple years prior. It was a modern tourist item from Italy. The ebay listing is no longer available but it was at one time and posted if you search back through the Oak Island posts here on one of the Oak Island threads..

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very plausible explanation for the digging equipment on hoax island is that the laginas may be building a fake money pit with flood tunnels so that they can say, “everyone for the last 200 years was digging in the wrong place and we have found it over there”.

Nothing is beyond these hoaxer’s imaginations.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very plausible explanation for the digging equipment on hoax island is that the laginas may be building a fake money pit with flood tunnels so that they can say, “everyone for the last 200 years was digging in the wrong place and we have found it over there”.

Nothing is beyond these hoaxer’s imaginations.
I think they should team up with the boys over at Skin Walker ranch! Between the two crews they could come up with some epic Hoax Island episodes. It'd sure be more 🤔🤔🤔 than digging up lumber with heavy equipment!

There ya go? All the water in Skin Walker is draining into Hoax Island and the aliens & skin walkers have been transporting the treasure to skin Walker ranch for over 200 years! OK Linguini bros, I've done 30 episodes for you now get digging!

Pete E

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2019
North Wales, UK
Detector(s) used
Macro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bit of an epic thread that’s generated a lot of very black and white views.

I started watching the show about 6 years ago and enjoyed it…

I personally doubt there is or has been any truly historic treasure on the Island but what is beyond doubt is the existence of the legend/hoax (depending on your perspective) and the ongoing searches that have been carried out.

I have enjoyed watching all the searches over various episodes, particularly the engineering/technology side of things…

I have also chuckled when they brought on the latest “expert” with some really quack theory and when they got excited over some bit of tacky costume jewellery….

On the other hand, a few interesting items have turned up such as the lead cross, some of the non British coins , the old iron tools and of course the various old working on the Island….

If we forget the treasure legend for a minute, it’s obvious the Island as quite a bit of completely factual history in its own right and I would love to read what that is and how it accounts for the various workings that have been found ect.

All that said, I feel the last series was very slow and I found it hard to get excited over more finds of old wood and ox shoes…

For me, the biggest thing about the show was it directly inspired me to take up detecting. It’s something I had always had an interest in but never got around to trying.
I have to say that since taking it up, I have been far more successful at finding ancient treasure/artefacts, and at a fraction of their costs too

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's most likely closed because they found the treasure but it's protected by a very complex booby trap that turns you to stone if you look at it without emerald tinted sunglasses on. My best guess. 😁

GoldenStiff

Sep 28, 2022
I’m just trying to get confirmation that season 10 is underway because the dumbasses at the History Channel don’t know CRAP !
There’s nothing at the site as of this morning about season 10 or anything.

GoldenStiff

Sep 28, 2022
As of that last episode SE9 they were trying to find someone to scan the whole island from space or using some special technology to find all the tunnels that crisscross the island.

WTF would people dig tunnels for hundreds of years and keep them secret for just as long on a tiny island like that?

GoldenStiff

Sep 28, 2022
They’re going to really drain that swamp, dry it out and dig it up and find that burned up ship or what’s left of it hallowed out because they used the wood for other nefarious projects.

Pete E

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2019
North Wales, UK
Detector(s) used
Macro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never really bought the idea the swamp was constructed to hide a ship that was sunk after it was unloaded of its treasure….

Would it not be easier simply to sail the empty ship a few hundred yards off shore and sink it there?

GoldenStiff

Sep 28, 2022
I have never really bought the idea the swamp was constructed to hide a ship that was sunk after it was unloaded of its treasure….

Would it not be easier simply to sail the empty ship a few hundred yards off shore and sink it there?
NOPE! They already debunked that idea several different ways.

OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m just trying to get confirmation that season 10 is underway because the dumbasses at the History Channel don’t know CRAP !
There’s nothing at the site as of this morning about season 10 or anything.
Season 10 starts on Tuesday; November 15th and they have been filming all summer. Haven't been updating the current work as you have to read thru too much garbage here. They stopped work for a few days when the hurricane went through but are back to work. Two or three tour boats keep an eye on them every day.

Attachments

• 303613084_637806731041602_8937187318170839242_n (2).jpg
    303613084_637806731041602_8937187318170839242_n (2).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 308739352_655353375953604_7476612986720841369_n (2).jpg
    308739352_655353375953604_7476612986720841369_n (2).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 310004987_659298085559133_471775356158275147_n (2).jpg
    310004987_659298085559133_471775356158275147_n (2).jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 70

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Betcha a buck you've found more & more interesting things then thelnguinis!
Not that it matters, but I'm guessing very few people on here have found more interesting things then they have on the island. Leave the treasure out of it and just think about all the small items, coins, badges, lead short, etc that have been found, along the tar pits, Mi'kmaq pottery. They are somewhat helping the Mi'kmaq people write some of their history if they would allow them.. Sure they always try to tie it into the treasure some how but it is a treasure searching show at the end of the day.. I'm sure there are lots of people who watch the show for the history aspect of it. Who all, did what all on the island hundreds of years ago... You have to admit that tiny island in there with 100's of others in the area has a heck of a history attached to it without the Money Pit being part of the conversation..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that it matters, but I'm guessing very few people on here have found more interesting things then they have on the island. Leave the treasure out of it and just think about all the small items, coins, badges, lead short, etc that have been found, along the tar pits, Mi'kmaq pottery. They are somewhat helping the Mi'kmaq people write some of their history if they would allow them.. Sure they always try to tie it into the treasure some how but it is a treasure searching show at the end of the day.. I'm sure there are lots of people who watch the show for the history aspect of it. Who all, did what all on the island hundreds of years ago... You have to admit that tiny island in there with 100's of others in the area has a heck of a history attached to it without the Money Pit being part of the conversation..
Do some search on here at what has been found, far more treasures found by members than ever found on Oak Island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread