Pete E

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2019
North Wales, UK
Detector(s) used
Macro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not that it matters, but I'm guessing very few people on here have found more interesting things then they have on the island. Leave the treasure out of it and just think about all the small items, coins, badges, lead short, etc that have been found, along the tar pits, Mi'kmaq pottery. They are somewhat helping the Mi'kmaq people write some of their history if they would allow them.. Sure they always try to tie it into the treasure some how but it is a treasure searching show at the end of the day.. I'm sure there are lots of people who watch the show for the history aspect of it. Who all, did what all on the island hundreds of years ago... You have to admit that tiny island in there with 100's of others in the area has a heck of a history attached to it without the Money Pit being part of the conversation..
I enjoyed Oak Island the first few series, but of late they are running out of steam, ox shoes, rusty spikes and bits of wood can only hold a persons interest for so long…

But you are right, there is plenty of real history on the Island but it doesn’t get much coverage if it doesn’t fit the treasure narrative….

And Artifacts and treasure wise, I have found far more than they have, even though I have only been detecting three and half years….

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More garwee finding common items he calls "bobby dazzlers" then pretending they have something to do with treasure in the lagina's continuing hoax efforts.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More garwee finding common items he calls "bobby dazzlers" then pretending they have something to do with treasure in the lagina's continuing hoax efforts.
O,the horror LOL:laughing7:
>>

Pete E

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2019
North Wales, UK
Detector(s) used
Macro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What ever you think of Gary, he seems to be making a living on the back of his detecting…Besides Oak Island, I’ve seen him pop up on an episode of Expedition Unknown and at least one other tv appearance here in the UK….

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for him,why not ? There are far worse jobs out here :metaldetector:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing against Gary.

He‘s just getting paid for reading a script on a fictional reality show.

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have an interpretive centre there ? Just what could the Centre provide considering very little has been found there, what , maybe a coin or two?
You need a place to sell merch. and to further condition the interested into accepting exactly what cherry-picked suggestions you would want them to unconditionally accept. Over the years this sort of approach has paid off, and the suggestion of a 200-year-old treasure search has largely been accepted today among casuals. People have shown themselves willing to believe and to buy into the offering.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, the show lost what little credibility they had when one of the previews claimed they had found gold there. But when you watched the episode, it was just a common as dirt gold gilt button. That was the last episide I ever watched...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread