Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Blue clay is natural in Nova Scotia (glacial sill) and I think the coconut fibers were found off on the seaside. None in the "Money Pit". Dunhill (who was a geologist) found no tunnels or drains to connect to the coast when he dug a 100 ft wide hole down 134 ft at the pit site in 1965.

That wasn't my point. How did the boys in the original story know there was blue clay there unless they dug? Their original account specifies blue clay and coconut fiber IN THE PIT. Not on the beach. The only way they could know is if they dug and to dig, they had to have a reason.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Blue clay is natural in Nova Scotia (glacial sill) and I think the coconut fibers were found off on the seaside. None in the "Money Pit". Dunhill (who was a geologist) found no tunnels or drains to connect to the coast when he dug a 100 ft wide hole down 134 ft at the pit site in 1965.

Not Dunhill but Dunfield ...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry. If you knew how I was with names that would be "close enough".

Dunhill is pipes. ;-). Close to shafts.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn't my point. How did the boys in the original story know there was blue clay there unless they dug? Their original account specifies blue clay and coconut fiber IN THE PIT. Not on the beach. The only way they could know is if they dug and to dig, they had to have a reason.

... as an aside: they were not 'boys'. They were grown men, and at least one of them owned land on the island.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
... as an aside: they were not 'boys'. They were grown men, and at least one of them owned land on the island.

That's just one version. There are a number of other versions. The only thing that all of them got correct is that there's an island in Canada called Oak Island. The best versions are the modern ones that were human centipeded (yes, I'm making that a verb) together from the good parts of earlier tales. The original ones were not very good at all.

This isn't for your, Raparee. You already know this. This is meant for new arrivals to the forum, who may not know just how screwed up the story that they grew up with is.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just one version. There are a number of other versions. The only thing that all of them got correct is that there's an island in Canada called Oak Island. The best versions are the modern ones that were human centipeded (yes, I'm making that a verb) together from the good parts of earlier tales. The original ones were not very good at all.

This isn't for your, Raparee. You already know this. This is meant for new arrivals to the forum, who may not know just how screwed up the story that they grew up with is.

Awesome. I think that 'human centipeded' is an amazing term to describe how a simple buried treasure story evolved into this Templar/Bacon/star chart mess we have here.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda like that childhood game where a bunch of kids sit in a circle and 1 kid starts off whispering something into the kid's ear next to him, and so on, and so on, and by the time the whisper gets back to the original kid, it is either jibberish or vastly skewed, - 'human centipeded' is a good phrase though.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Excuse My French!

At 19:41 Gary Drayton makes a find, which he infers to be a fleur-de-lis or fleur-de-lys from a French Military Badge.

fleur-de-lis or fleur-de-lys.png

https://xmovies8.im/movie/the-curse-of-oak-island-season-6-2018-1080p/watching.html

I am of the opinion that it is an 18th Century British Military Cap Badge showing the markings of the Prince of Wales...Plumes!

Badge - Prince of Wales plumes.JPG

Possibly after...Frederick, Prince of Wales...a very revered Master Freemason.

Frederick,_Prince_of_Wales_attr._to_Joseph_Highmore.jpg

Frederick, Prince of Wales, (Frederick Lewis; 1 February 1707 – 31 March 1751), was heir apparent to the British throne from 1727 until his death from a lung injury at the age of 44 in 1751. He was the eldest but estranged son of King George II and Caroline of Ansbach, and the father of King George III.

This Plumed Cap Badge may have been from one of the many Irish Grenadiers' badges, 1st (Royal) Regiment of Foot,[SUP][[/SUP]ranked as the most senior of the line regiments of infantry. The 2nd Battalion was sent to Nova Scotia in 1757, and saw service in the Seven Years' War, capturing Havana in 1762.

Badge Leinster Regiment.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Were the Jesuits...In Cahoots..With The Freemasons!

When the Jesuits in the mid 18th Century, were ordered by Spain, to bring back all their Treasures from Central America , South America, along with their Caribbean deposits of Treasures, did they requested the assistance of the Freemasons?

Along with Spain, efforts to dissolve the Jesuits came from every major country in the World, except Russia, England, and North America.

The Jesuits were established in the late 15th Century by Ignatius of Loyola of Rome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Loyola

And promoted by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carroll_(bishop)

Possibly to restore...The Knights Templar!

The Jesuits were a religious military army sent out by the powers of Rome to suppress the indigenous natives into Christian submission, along with their purpose for Slave Mining.

The Jesuits offered the Freemasons their vast European Banking Systems to launder the Freemason's accumulated fortunes at Oak Island with the conditions that they too could deposit their fortunes there...Benjamin Franklin was very important with these negotiations.

There appears similarity of "Marker Stones" found at Snake Island Treasure Markers to those found on Oak Island as being...Jesuit!

Snake Island

Snake Island - Marker Stone 5.jpg

Oak Island

Z-36.jpg

Could the Solution for the Treasure of Snake Island... Solve... The Mystery of Oak Island?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh...Those Oak Island...Alchemist...Depositors!

When dealing with the Oak Island Alchemist Depositors...One should always...Think Outside The Box!

Disclaimer...This is an Untested Hypothesis, based on Speculation from Stories and Theories expressed about Oak Island.
The views expressed are solely those of this writer.

The Oak Island Money Pit Shaft was built according to theories and flooded when three men having reached the 90 foot level, proceeded to rupture the Shaft's Water Seal with a crowbar.

oak-island-money-pit-levels-diagram-1-699x610.jpg

All activities to date to reverse the flooding was contrary to how the Depositors would have remedied the situation.

Rather than trying to bail out the water...The Depositors...would have added water!

Finding out that in effect by bailing these Searchers were actually trying to drain the Atlantic Ocean.

Shown in a Test Tube

Money Pit Shaft - Ruptured.jpg
Sea Water has the higher density compared to Fresh Water.

1.030 Kg/1 to Fresh Water's 1.00 Kg/1

If the Depositors found that their Money Pit Shaft had been compromised and flooded, here's what I believe they would have done:

Items stated have all been claimed to have been used and found within the Oak Island Money Pit Shaft.

They would have dumped a formulated amount of Coir Fiber down the Shaft and waited until it had soaked up Sea Water and spread out in the Shaft.

Next, they would have dumped a formulated amount of liquid Tar on top of this and waited for it to start sinking.

Tar has a density of 1.02 kg/1 and it will sink.

Next, they would start to fill the Shaft with Fresh Water.

Fresh Water has a density of 1.00 Kg/1, adding Fresh Water to the Sea Water in the Shaft would Dilute the Density of the water in the Shaft, thus lowering this temporary Patch down on top of the Rupture.

Once this Patch had settled on top of the Rupture...The Depositors would dump down on top of everything a formulated amount of Clay to Seal.

Bailing out the Water above the 90' level (which is now sealed), they then could ascend down to their Treasure Tunnel, opening its Seal and proceed to their Treasure.

Money Pit Shaft - Repaired.jpg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lagina's can never find the treasure now, no matter how much they seal the coffer dam. No matter how many holes they drill. There is only way to get to the treasure now. They have to drill a man size hole directly over the treasure vault. Since they do not know where that is precisely, they will never find it.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The Oak Island Money Pit Shaft was built according to theories and flooded when three men having reached the 90 foot level, proceeded to rupture the Shaft's Water Seal with a crowbar.

View attachment 1663912

How does this story jive with the water table on the island?

Sea Water has the higher density compared to Fresh Water.

1.030 Kg/1 to Fresh Water's 1.00 Kg/1

I haven't bothered to check those numbers, but I accept that sea water is denser than fresh water. The difference between the two is probably not important for the purpose of this discussion.

If the Depositors found that their Money Pit Shaft had been compromised and flooded, here's what I believe they would have done:

Items stated have all been claimed to have been used and found within the Oak Island Money Pit Shaft.

They would have dumped 5' of Coir Fiber down the Shaft and waited until it had soaked up Sea Water and spread out in the Shaft.

With you so far, but I probably would have gone with something also effective and locally sourced, like sand and rubble.

Next, they would have dumped 5' of liquid Tar on top of this and waited for it to start sinking.

Tar has a density of 1.02 kg/1 and it will sink.

Depending on what exactly you mean by tar, while it may start as a liquid, it will essentially be a solid after contact with cold seawater. But whatever form it takes, it should sink, yes.

Next, they would start to fill the Shaft with Fresh Water.

Fresh Water has a density of 1.00 Kg/1 and it too will sink in Sea Water, pushing this temporary Patch down on top of the Rupture.

You lost me on this part. Fresh water does not normally sink in seawater. Typo?

Once this Patch had settled on top of the Rupture...The Depositors would dump down on top of everything 5' of Clay to Seal.

Bailing out the Water above the 90' level (which is now sealed), they then could ascend down to their Treasure Tunnel, opening its Seal and proceed to their Treasure.

There are some moving parts with this theory, such as what happens when after all that work, the flood tunnel still refuses to seal correctly. It can happen. It happens today, even with us just cheating and pouring concrete or fancy epoxies down the holes. It's not like you have workers down there making sure that everything settles properly. (Which we kind of do today, now that I think about it, and things still go wrong. But they didn't have drones and cameras back then.) Throwing stuff in a hole and hoping for the best can work, but what if it doesn't? How long do we wait for our patch to set up? What's Plan B?

A more sensible approach would be to secure your treasure in such a way that a group of enthusiasts with no understanding of your sophisticated security system could potentially remove the treasure from your reach by inadvertently triggering said security system...which they will definitely do if they try to find your treasure, which they also will definitely do if you leave a number of signs indicating that something is buried and that they should dig there. I still personally favor 3 feet below a basement floor. (10 feet if you absolutely want to ensure that no one accidently finds it, but it will take a bit more work to retrieve that way.)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting to see the leaks in the coffer dam for the upcoming show. Maybe they can plug the leaks with coconut fibers :tongue3:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the map of Oak Island, they had on the show a couple of years ago, you can see that there is a valve for cutting the water off. But since the plug to keep the sea out has been breached, the valve may not help now? The treasure is no where near the "money pit" It is on the Oak Island.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Smith’s cove is not the only place where there are box drains, the coffer dam will not work

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

As someone who grew up with the stories surrounding Oak Island, from multiple sources by the way, and as someone who knows a great deal about the history of this province, I'm quite comfortable determining for myself what is "screwed up" regarding Oak Island's narrative, as I'm sure new posters can do for themselves as well. People are free to believe what they want and research what they want and hypothesize all they want. It's a bit much, however, to take it upon oneself to somehow educate new arrivals on a "screwed up" story, unless of course one has all the answers, which in this case, is simply not the case.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blue clay and coconut fibers were found in the money pit which is consistent with the original story. They would have no way of knowing that without digging it first.

Coconut fibres again. Even if one accounts for the distortion due to seawater/sea life, the numbers still do not jibe with a time for Europeans to be here if we accept the French/English narrative. Neither the Basques nor the Norse would have utilized that material. Plus or minus hundreds of years for that last sample and the recorded timeline for the "big guns" in NS history doesn't fit.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dave!... Correction made!

You lost me on this part. Fresh water does not normally sink in seawater. Typo?

Fresh Water has a density of 1.00 Kg/1, adding Fresh Water to the Sea Water in the Shaft would Dilute the Water Density in the Shaft, thus lowering this temporary Patch down on top of the Rupture.

What came to me was with the use of this Patch, was its ability to conform to the surface, much like a tire tube patch with equal pressure need on all surfaces.

Note: the Depositors never needed to use their Shaft's Water Flood Repair, as they had already removed their Treasure in 1783, once the British left America prior to its flooding in 1795.

They always had an alternate plan for the recovering of Treasure with their Celestial Map.

As Freemasons...they always had a ...Back Up Plan!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Coconut fibres again. Even if one accounts for the distortion due to seawater/sea life, the numbers still do not jibe with a time for Europeans to be here if we accept the French/English narrative. Neither the Basques nor the Norse would have utilized that material. Plus or minus hundreds of years for that last sample and the recorded timeline for the "big guns" in NS history doesn't fit.

I believe that Coir Fiber was not produced in the Atlantic area during the late 17th Century, it was though traded for from the Indonesia areas during this time.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that Coir Fiber was not produced in the Atlantic area during the late 17th Century, it was though traded for from the Indonesia areas during this time.

Try between the years of 1177 and 1395 and years after that and the time frame fits the coconut fibers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread